Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
300GD 5 dr 1987, W126 420SE, W126 560SE
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great day everyone:
Museum great and great to see a good selection of cars and members.

AND apart from a couple of small showers the rain help off
Thank you all for making the effort, made my day and encouraged me to carry on with growing the club.
Looking out for the next meet up now for when I get back from trekking around europe

Attachments

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
14,158 Posts
It was wicked, great to have had a first 126 kind of GTG.
And good to put faces to names. Plus it was the most 126's I've ever seen together in the flesh! All nice cars too.
Getting a ride in a 560 was quite cool :)

Well done for sorting it out. I have some pics I'll post if they are any good.

·
Registered
'82 Euro 500SEL, '85 Euro 500SEC AMG WB Cabriolet,'86 Euro 500SEC RUF
9,487 Posts
Did the 12 cylinder car show up?

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
14,158 Posts
There was only a few of us. Think quality, not quantity :) A lot of modified cars having a gathering at the museum too, of the slammed cambered type. Some I wanted to go look at but didn't get around to it.
More of us next time no doubt.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
I hate cars with ridiculous camber. I can only imagine a bunch of conservative benz types across the parking lot from a bunch of loud kids listening to techno in their honda with the wheels sticking out the sides. Sounds like something out of a movie.

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
14,158 Posts
Hmm it can look good if done well. They seemed friendly enough. But for me a car has to function well, and quite a few of these had issues with the teeny little rubber speedbump on the way into the venue. That would put me right off.

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
14,158 Posts
Hers some pics, my camera decided to corrupt the good group shot I had. Also theres a nice white SEC I seem to have missed snapping.

Attachments

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
14,158 Posts
All the cars were nice. The grey 500SEL pictured seemed a beast, watched it pull a high speed take off, awesome.. :)

The white W123 was immaculate and lovely.

The blue SEC on OZ's was gorgeous, and had a particularly nice interior, in cream with blue piping with contrasting panels, doesn't show in the pics really sorry. Gave it quite an exotic look. And it was my first ride in a 560..

Really liked seeing a nice group of these MB's together though. And the museum is really good, a heritage kind of place with lots of fascinating cars. (No MB's though, strictly British.)

Attachments

·
Registered
1990 300SE
275 Posts
When there is a noticeable amount of tire not touching the ground where it should be.
How much is a noticeable amount? :p

Lovely cars at the Gaydon meet up, btw! I heard that StanceWorks had a meet in Gaydon too, and I was surprised to see "Gaydon Meet-up" here in the W126 subforums. But, alas, they're not the same meets but separate. :p

·
Registered
560 SEC
100 Posts
Damn it.. If id joined the forum earlier I'd have seen this and come.. Bet I would have been the youngest by a good 20yrs.....lol
Unfortunately, my 560sec is sadly destined to be broken for spares now so wont be attending any meets in the near future..
Looks like you had a good day though:thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts