Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: i friend of mine shock me whit the notice of that the government will star to put 5 % of ethanol on the gasoline this will affect my engine ? i will have to put some aditive to the gas ? some one can help me whit this questions :crybaby2:

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
We've had 10% ethanol in this area for many years. Initially, very old cars had lots of fuel pump trouble, due to rust in the fuel tank being drawn through the line. I doubt that this will be an issue for you.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
No

problem,occasionally until the ecu adapts the extra oxygen in the oxygenated fuel may trip the telltale p0170 and p0173.It will clear itself.
ohlord:bowdown:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys my soul is in peace, another question here the gas is 89 octanes but i can guy also "underground" gas whit 120 octanes and they say is oxygen fuel ? can i mix the regular 89 whit the 120 ? or is bad for the car ?

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
"Underground" gas? Do you mean aviation fuel, or something someone brewed up in their back yard?

In either case, it doesn't matter. Too much octane won't help you at all, and dirty fuel could cost you a lot.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jaja underground is because hear you cant buy aviation fuel or vp fuel but i mean vp fuel is the one that they sale to me i know that they sale coctales but if you shacked and dont get cold it´s a estrange elixir

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Plus

to high octane burns at a different rate and the car will trip cel codes.You should be on 91 or 92 premium fuel though.
:bowdown:

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
See how it is measured. We use (RON+MON)/2 here in the US. In Europe, they use RON alone, and the same gasoline there measures much higher than here.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I've been running 94 octane in all my Mercedes for at least 5-6 years now. It contains up to 10% ethanol. Zero issues.

·
Registered
479 Posts
No, (R+M)/2, same as you guys. Only gas station up here that has it is Sunoco, it's called Sunoco Ultra 94. Other reason I use it is that it has the highest amount of detergents, etc.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Sunoco 94 used to be available here, but I haven't seen it in well over a decade. The best I've seen for automotive fuels since then is 93, although there are places near water that sell 100 for boats. Airfields have higher octane fuel, but you can't pull your car up to the pump.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well thank´s i´m not worry because of the ethanol any more but what do you know about the low octane fuel im worry because that can be an issue and heare the gas is sale by the government and it´s the same every ware and is a really bad gas

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I can't help you with that one.

But I can tell you how to measure ethanol in your fuel. Take a 20cc graduated tube and fill it with 10cc of gasoline. Then add 10cc of pure ethylene glycol (antifreeze) and shake vigorously. The alcohol from the gasoline will dissolve in the ethylene glycol, which will seem to expand beyond the initial 10cc. The difference is the ethanol content.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts