Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my 560SEL, but it's way too thirsty for these times. I was thinking of dropping an engine from a donor W126 300 or 350 SDL in it. Is this lunacy? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,470 Posts
350 don't have good reliability, the 300 is about 140 HP rated, what you would notice right away coming from 560 engine. There is lot of labor involved and if you would have to pay somebody to do it, it will be cheaper to sell 560 and buy diesel.
BTW welcome to the forum.

·
Banned
MBZ 300SD
2,949 Posts
I am dreaming the same for an SEC body since I live on biodiesel.
How dificult is to change engine/trany in one move?
Has anybody done this?

·
Premium Member
'97 CL600
2,915 Posts
diesel

Has anyone noticed the price differential between gas and diesel? Here in many parts of So Cal, diesel is $1.00 HIGHER than gas. Having a diesel seems like no advantage in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia.
Anziani

·
Banned
MBZ 300SD
2,949 Posts
Has anyone noticed the price differential between gas and diesel? Here in many parts of So Cal, diesel is $1.00 HIGHER than gas. Having a diesel seems like no advantage in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia.
Anziani
Diesel engine give you the advantage of adding vegetable oil in the tank or even used motor oil.
My own formula cost less the $1.50 gallon.
On the gas you can't add much.

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
Diesel engine give you the advantage of adding vegetable oil in the tank or even used motor oil.
My own formula cost less the $1.50 gallon.
On the gas you can't add much.
Used motor oil, sounds like a gross polluter.

·
Banned
MBZ 300SD
2,949 Posts
Sounds like but a little math proves otherwise.
By the look of it there is no blk smoke coming out.
By colecting it and transporting it to the colection centers and out of state more energy is burned and more polution is created and more $$ are given to the oil industry.
And then it is still burned and CO2 relesed in the air.
You can offset the extra CO2 with a tree planted every year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts