Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14,926 Posts
You guys are brutal on a newbie.......... :eek: :D

rymdragon, why do you want to drain the tank?

·
Registered
14,926 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Julio and Juan were not available, screwdriver and hammer would take to long, .357 wouldnt cut it so.....I used a Spaz-12 shotgun to do the job. Now my question is where do I get a new tank and how do I install it? :)

Its all good...thanks to everyone who replied especially to Bazzle. I'm fairly new to this resource where you can find anything and everything about your car...and after pages and pages of threads and postings I've gone through...I noticed Bazzle was always there to help and would have the solution to solve the problem. Thank you Bazzle. Not brown nosing here but I'm sure you've helped thousands.
Re: Tank - my car has been sitting for an extended period of time. So I was thinking of draining it and putting new petrol before starting it up.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Re: Tank - my car has been sitting for an extended period of time. So I was thinking of draining it and putting new petrol before starting it up.
How long has it been sitting? More than several months? How is the quality of the gas that you have there? The 10% ethanol blend that is forced down our throats here goes sour pretty fast.

If you stored it with a full tank of good fresh gas and have not removed the cap it should still be pretty good. Remember, that fuel system is sealed. Maybe just burn it up, refill with fresh and throw in a bottle of Techron for good measure.

The reason I ask all this is that working with a fair quantity of gasoline like that can be *VERY* dangerous. Ugly things can happen.

And, I really don't recommend a .357. That thing will go clear through the car, your house, the neighbor's house and kill the pet dog three blocks away. A .40 cal should be sufficient.

·
Registered
693 Posts
no no --- SIG .357 --- it is not a std .357

How long has it been sitting? More than several months? How is the quality of the gas that you have there? The 10% ethanol blend that is forced down our throats here goes sour pretty fast.

If you stored it with a full tank of good fresh gas and have not removed the cap it should still be pretty good. Remember, that fuel system is sealed. Maybe just burn it up, refill with fresh and throw in a bottle of Techron for good measure.

The reason I ask all this is that working with a fair quantity of gasoline like that can be *VERY* dangerous. Ugly things can happen.

And, I really don't recommend a .357. That thing will go clear through the car, your house, the neighbor's house and kill the pet dog three blocks away. A .40 cal should be sufficient.
necked cartridge 9 mm/.40 cal bullet in a necked cartridge with more powder 2000 fps muzzle velocity!
:)

·
Registered
693 Posts
its SPAS...why yes I do have one!

Julio and Juan were not available, screwdriver and hammer would take to long, .357 wouldnt cut it so.....I used a Spaz-12 shotgun to do the job. Now my question is where do I get a new tank and how do I install it? :)

Its all good...thanks to everyone who replied especially to Bazzle. I'm fairly new to this resource where you can find anything and everything about your car...and after pages and pages of threads and postings I've gone through...I noticed Bazzle was always there to help and would have the solution to solve the problem. Thank you Bazzle. Not brown nosing here but I'm sure you've helped thousands.
If you store your car in the future put gas stabilizer in it big help now :cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's been sitting for more than six months now with the low fuel indicator on....probably less than 5 gallons. Gas is ok here...93 is min octane rating. I guess its better not to experiment with the gas tank.

Yeah Spas is a great shotgun..too heavy though. Beretta came out with an automatic shotgun...amazing as well

·
Registered
693 Posts
put some octane booster in it just incase

It's been sitting for more than six months now with the low fuel indicator on....probably less than 5 gallons. Gas is ok here...93 is min octane rating. I guess its better not to experiment with the gas tank.

Yeah Spas is a great shotgun..too heavy though. Beretta came out with an automatic shotgun...amazing as well
and you might need a new filter

·
Registered
333 Posts
Re. gas tank. When the low fuel indicator comes on and I don't fill up immediately (just want to get home:D) after a while my car starts to go chugga-chugga. Filling the tank immediately cures it. Is this dirt in the tank getting sucked up and blocking the fuel filter or just the fuel level getting too low and allowing air into the system?

CMount

·
Registered
14,926 Posts
Re. gas tank. When the low fuel indicator comes on and I don't fill up immediately (just want to get home:D) after a while my car starts to go chugga-chugga. Filling the tank immediately cures it. Is this dirt in the tank getting sucked up and blocking the fuel filter or just the fuel level getting too low and allowing air into the system?

CMount
Neither, it's the car punishing you for not feeding it ....... :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts