Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at Edmunds.com for the report on the E55 and they list a $1,000 gas guzzler tax. I see nothing about this tax when I build the car online at MBUSA.com.<p>Also, the salesmen never mentioned it when I put my order in (on a CLK430 Cab last October).<p>Anyone know what gives? Do I need to pay this if I opt for the E55?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found an earlier post that mentions since the milage went up from 16/23 in 2000 to 17/23mpg in 2001 that there is no longer a Gas Guzzler tax! Hope that's true.<p><br>: I looked at Edmunds.com for the report on the E55 and they list a $1,000 gas guzzler tax. I see nothing about this tax when I build the car online at MBUSA.com.<p>Also, the salesmen never mentioned it when I put my order in (on a CLK430 Cab last October).<p>Anyone know what gives? Do I need to pay this if I opt for the E55?<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is.

: I found an earlier post that mentions since the milage went up from 16/23 in 2000 to 17/23mpg in 2001 that there is no longer a Gas Guzzler tax! Hope that's true.<p><br>: I looked at Edmunds.com for the report on the E55 and they list a $1,000 gas guzzler tax. I see nothing about this tax when I build the car online at MBUSA.com.<p>Also, the salesmen never mentioned it when I put my order in (on a CLK430 Cab last October).<p>Anyone know what gives? Do I need to pay this if I opt for the E55?<p><p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts