Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Mercedes Benz S 500 91K
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be the only person who has experienced this with two successive cars, the previous being a 300TD. Solved that by going inside and releasing the latch manually and expect I'll be able to do that in this instance. But would like to know if anyone knows what
causes the problem. Something wrong with the vacuum system maybe?

·
Registered
1995 S500
379 Posts
The door is locked by a pin that goes into a hole on the door. It could be that the pin is stuck. I have to lubricate my pin because it make a grinding sound when locking/unlocking the car. Take off the lining in the trunk on the gas door side and you should see the plunger.

·
Registered
1999 Mercedes Benz S 500 91K
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're right. The latch was found easily after bending back just a little bit of the trunk upholstery. Didn't have to remove any upholstery. Sprayed pin with WD-40. Expecting it will work ok now.

·
Registered
1995 S600 Coupe * SOLD
59 Posts
Thanks for the info mine got stuck last nite at the gas station had no idea what to do... Eventually it came open after many tries

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
Artic White 1995 S420
366 Posts
Yeh I lube it with wd40 and it works just fine. But every once in a while it makes a strange creaking noise.

·
3phase-4pole
4,971 Posts
if the PSE pump fails, there is a manual way to open it. our owners manual covers the sunroof, trunk and gas lid

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
The sunroof is opened and closed manually by the little crank that goes into the motor behind the divers side wheel housing. The fuel, trunk, doors, lumbar vacuum assisted headrests and supplemental vacuum for the engine is from the PSE.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts