Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hers: ’01 – 3.2L - 215 hp – 6-speed manual

His: ’08 – 6.2L - 430 hp – 6-speed manual

When I used to drive a 4-door (E55, SRT8) I was always the TAXI… when more than 2 people wanted to go anywhere. All my friends had 2-seaters. When relatives or out-of-town friends flew into Sky Harbor, I “had” to pick them up… I pay $50 each way when I have to fly somewhere. Now; folks need to get a rental car or take a SuperShuttle or car service. Hell, they’re still getting a free room at our place that could cost them up to $300+/night at a local hotel!

·
Registered
14,926 Posts
You have to admit those damn Corvettes look good, I just wish that Ford built them, then, I might just up and get one myself.
In case you're wondering, I've had too many bad experiances with GM... :D

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
livefreeordie: stubby is a M-B R170 euro part that I got through my local dealer. IIRC it was about $70+. It has terrible AM and marginal FM reception here in the PHX area... the valley is flatter than a mallard's instep (and no tall buildings, trees, etc.) so it's for looks ONLY.

And Bruce, it is a little know fact that Ford did indeed build the first C6 Corvette Z06...

...the LS7 engine is basically the Ford 427 side-oiler!

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
I use my satellite radio all the time so the stubby would be for looks only, $70 is a little high for something that has crappy reception .I saw a thread some time ago about doing a mod on the oem antenna, might have to try that instead. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, for the SLK I've only used Blue Coral Wash Gel (less than once every 3-4 months in AZ) and a California Duster in between washes. When we lived in WA I had to wash it a LOT more. The Corvette has only been "dusted" for 2 car shows.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts