Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason I have had a problem getting my car garage opener to work. It has worked for the past year I reset it and tried to reconfig it using the rolling code with the learn button but it doesn't work. I followed the directions correctly and do not understand what made this feature spaz out all of a sudden.

Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had very similar issue with mine, but was able to get through. Not sure I have some kind of magic recipe but here what I did:

1. Changed batteries in remote
2. Reset opener
3. Programmed two other buttons with "static" code
4. Then tried rolling code

I was able to program it after 3 or 4 attempts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't do it to the remotes I did it the other way for the sensors I think I 4got to do steps 1-6 then the rolling codes.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Trying to understand your post... did you reset your remote or the actual opener itself?

Many garage door openers have a set number of memory spots for remotes (mine has 8). After all of them have been issued, it cannot program further remotes, even if you reset your remote (incl. the one in the car). You'll have to reset the opener and start from scratch.

I had a doozie of a time the first time I programmed my car remote, but it worked out in the end. BTW, did you check out the Homelink site? HomeLink

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I forgot to reprog the remote I did just the unit only now (that I followed the directions again) it works. I don't understand what caused it to go out of wack. Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Im not sure if this will help but I had a big problem trying to get mine to work too. I have a genie belt drive. Its 2 years old. I have about 7 clickers for it being that I had a genie in my old house and used to have 6 vehicels at one time so I had one in each car. The opener came with 2 clickers which were newer looking little guys. I tried and tried and tried with these with no reward, So I decided to take out one of the older Genie clickers I have the big rectangle with the rounded end and one big gray button and programmed it to the opener and went straight from there to the car in the driveway and programmed it and it worked fianlly. Maybe something to do with the clickers OR something to do with the fact that I JUST then programmed the clicker instead of using one that had been programmed for 2 years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts