Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

first post!

anyone have info on wheel spacers for a 2005 G55? i was searching for some, but didnt know where to look.
what brands? and what sizes? and are they available for front and back or just the back?


thank you
 

·
Registered
111.010 121.942 202.033
Joined
·
1,850 Posts
I'm confused - the G55 doesn't have wheel spacers (and probably not anything MB sells)? Do you mean the fender flares?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mb230s said:
I'm confused - the G55 doesn't have wheel spacers (and probably not anything MB sells)? Do you mean the fender flares?

if you cant help then shut the #$%$ up!

i did a search and didnt find the info i needed for my specific model year, sooooooooo im posting this question to people who know the difference between spacers and fender flares, so go bully some other newbie and let the big boys chat.


-l- (the finger)



cheers
 

·
Registered
Mercedes G Brabus
Joined
·
678 Posts
mb230s, you really should change that banner of yours. It's pissing people off. Let's hope you aren't starting another bloodbath here !! This guy seems to be just a little edgy...
 

·
Registered
00 g500
Joined
·
2,289 Posts
I've been missing Thai so I'll jump in! It's friday!

Okay mister middle finger mafia, while mb230's banner might be inflamatory, what you did was confuse his banner with something written specifically to you so at this point you sound like a real a-hole because even if other people don't like his banner they know he's a generally amenable fellow/regular around here... a big boy if you will, and unfortunately just asking you an inocent question to verify we understand you becuase there's lots of people here from other countries who don't know the english words for things and you profile doesn't say where you're located... so if our old moderator was here (who left to a different site because this one's had a hostile for-profit take-over) you'd also get a lashing for not filling your profile out so we can help you because if you're in bulgaria or south africa the answer is undoubtedly different.

wheel spacers for the g55 would be no different than for any g-wagen ever made so know you know to leave "g55" out of your search. Good luck. ;)

Am i being bad today? Don't worry somebody will probably have pitty on you and give eyou a couple links to follow... though they're really going to be wondering why the heck you want spacers in the first place unless you plan to put 35" or larger tires on it.
 

·
Registered
111.010 121.942 202.033
Joined
·
1,850 Posts
Seriously, what is this guy looking for? The ET of the 2005 G55 rims is 50mm. There are no wheel spacers - at least not as MB delivers it. Now that I see his response I know it isn't flares he seeks. Language differences on such an international forum are vast. So the answer is none - the 2005 G55 rims have no spacers.

Now if he is trying to put G55 rims on a different G - we need to know the details about his truck and what he is trying to accomplish. It varies by year, any 463 is probably fine w/o spacers. The 460s need spacers.

Are you asking what spacers you need to fit 2005 G55 rims to your 19xx Gxxx?

You might get an answer if you provided the correct details and phrased the question correctly.

I'm not changing my banner. Using the search function on the toolbar works better then the one right above the REPLIES/VIEWS columns. At least that was true before the software upgrade. Maybe it has been fixed? In addition, 90% of the questions asked here lately have been answered over and over and over again. The history on this forum is incredible and many of the knowledgeable contributors have gone elsewhere. The old posts may give you better answers then the new posts.

scarbini2 - congratulations on making yourself known in short order. I'm sure we all are looking forward to more equally intelligent posts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok ok! I get it now! It’s a banner, didn’t realize that my mistake and apologies to all for sounding like an A-hole.

Anyway let me start over . . .

Stock 2005 G55K . . . what I wanted was to bring out the wheels of the G55 to give the truck a more aggressive stance, that’s all I’m trying to accomplish here.
So any pix links . . . etc would be appreciated.



Respect. :surrender:
 

·
Registered
G 500
Joined
·
1,079 Posts
scarbini2 said:
Ok ok! I get it now! It’s a banner, didn’t realize that my mistake and apologies to all for sounding like an A-hole.

Anyway let me start over . . .

Stock 2005 G55K . . . what I wanted was to bring out the wheels of the G55 to give the truck a more aggressive stance, that’s all I’m trying to accomplish here.
So any pix links . . . etc would be appreciated.



Respect. :surrender:
Well, no spacers from MB available (they never had them), you have to order those from an External, like ORC in Germany (www.ORC.de), the set (4 incl. screws) is about 250,-- Euros +shipping+Tax.
These spacers have 3.0 cm each.
 

·
Registered
TJs, FJ40s, JGCs, G500
Joined
·
2,343 Posts
scarbini2,

spacers will move the wheels at least 30 mm on each side

here is the lowdown:
the increase in unsprung weight will foul up driving comfort and kill shocks early
steering geometry changes and vehicle will not always go straight
wheel bearings have to deal with higher load and will fail prematurely
unless you get wider fender flares and mud guards the wider tires will throw road debris, rocks, mud etc (really bad when it rains) over the entire side of the car (door handles will be really dirty)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
...........don't expect any positive views about any modification to the G frm the crowd here. Spacers have been widely used for decades. I don't know how it will work out on a G, but I am certain it will NOT be dooms day scenario described here. Besides, they are just spacers, if you turn out not to like them, you can simply remove them. Cmon! its only a car, try something, enjoy it. Spacers come in different sizes. from 3mm upwards. The hubcentric ones which is what you want to use start at 5mm and up. The spacers will only move the wheels out to the extent of the width of the spacers you are using. There no mandory 30mm.

.........The MBUSA G's share the same 5x130 bolt pattern as most Porsches including the Cayenne. I think, but I'm not sure that you can purchase spacers made for Porsche and it should work in your G. These are widely available including from this website. H&R Springs Wheel Spacers for Porsche - GPR Parts

I will suggest that you get the DR type spacers at the bottom of the page and use longer bolts. Tell us how it turns out.



Ted
 

·
Registered
TJs, FJ40s, JGCs, G500
Joined
·
2,343 Posts
Ted,

Porsche spacers will not work on the G. Center bore Porsche = 71.6 mm - center bore G = 84.1 mm
 

·
Registered
280GE 320TE 280SE 3.5 ML500
Joined
·
446 Posts
4x4abc is correct with what he says - but having said that I have run spacers on cars before. I can't stress enough how important it is to get them for the likes of H&R. Many companies make cheap spacers (not sure about ones for a G) that can cause all sorts of problems.
So welcome aboard :)
oh yes - why do you want to run spacers?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
Photoman said:
4x4abc is correct with what he says - but having said that I have run spacers on cars before. I can't stress enough how important it is to get them for the likes of H&R. Many companies make cheap spacers (not sure about ones for a G) that can cause all sorts of problems.
So welcome aboard :)
oh yes - why do you want to run spacers?

...........ok, has anyone here actually used hubcentric spacers and had a problem? The maker of the spacer is absolutely unimportant. There two general categories of spacers.........hubcentric and lugcentric. In srteet legal vehicles, you want to be certain that you have hubcentric spacers and lubbolts that are long enough. Your wheel will will sit on the spacer which in turn sits on your hub in a hubcentric non vbrational manner. I don't mean to down play the cautionary note being sounded here but.........oh well.


........machine shops make pullies that run your engines, but they cannot make spacers except if their name is H&R? if one really wanted spacers and the center bore on the Porsche ones are too small, just have a local machine shop make you a hubcentric set.

........People with big brake kits run spacers all the time just to clear the brakes. I have had hubcentric spacers on my E55 for 2 years.

........The long and short story of spacers, is to use hubcentric ones and the lug bolts that are long enough.

Ted
 

·
Registered
280GE 320TE 280SE 3.5 ML500
Joined
·
446 Posts
Ted baldwin said:
...........ok, has anyone here actually used hubcentric spacers and had a problem? The maker of the spacer is absolutely unimportant. There two general categories of spacers.........hubcentric and lugcentric. In srteet legal vehicles, you want to be certain that you have hubcentric spacers and lubbolts that are long enough. Your wheel will will sit on the spacer which in turn sits on your hub in a hubcentric non vbrational manner. I don't mean to down play the cautionary note being sounded here but.........oh well.


........machine shops make pullies that run your engines, but they cannot make spacers except if their name is H&R? if one really wanted spacers and the center bore on the Porsche ones are too small, just have a local machine shop make you a hubcentric set.

........People with big brake kits run spacers all the time just to clear the brakes. I have had hubcentric spacers on my E55 for 2 years.

........The long and short story of spacers, is to use hubcentric ones and the lug bolts that are long enough.

Ted
Ok Ted - now if someone is asking about spacers on a forum like this they usually need some form of basic guidence. By reckomending a company like (and I did not by any means say that no one else can make spacers) H&R keeps things safe. Simple.
Of course there are many places that could make spacers for a G55 -heaps I'm sure. A friend of mine is an engineer and he makes spacers and would be able to make a set for a G55 - and is horrified by what people can buy off the shelf or get made at other places.
Down here in NZ the rules are far tuffer than other parts of the world in regards to the use of spacers. My 500SL came from Japan and had to have the spacers removed before being alowed on the road here, but was totally fine for driving in Japan.
 

·
Registered
'82 300 GD Cab STT ('02 G270CDi/'85 300 GD SWB)
Joined
·
473 Posts
I had 43mm custom made hub centric spacers made to fit 463-wheels on our old 280 GE, no problem at all. The fit was very tight, and for anyone with a computer controlled lathe it shouldn't be a problem at all!
 

·
Registered
G55
Joined
·
434 Posts
Bought my pre-owned 2010 G55 with 30mm spacers installed. I want to remove them. I just remove wheels, remove spacers, refit wheels? Or are special longer bolts, etc. used for their installation that I'll have to remove and reinstall the original length ones??
 

·
Registered
1996 Mercedes G320
Joined
·
33 Posts
watching people get pissed off on the internet makes my day.
 

·
Registered
G55
Joined
·
434 Posts
Just removed mine yesterday... car does feel better.. steering more accurate and softer of some sort... pointless to get that wider look when u run risk of changing car's intended engineering... imo
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top