Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
cl65 amg
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just went to the dealership today at santa monica spoke to hamlet ( fleet manager ) he is looking for a g55 kompressor and i asked him why?

he said! it is discontinued and he has couiple customers for it. sadly to say!

but i am glad coz i got mine HAHA!!

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,977 Posts
cl65blackdemon - 3/26/2005 5:35 PM

i just went to the dealership today at santa monica spoke to hamlet ( fleet manager ) he is looking for a g55 kompressor and i asked him why?

he said! it is discontinued and he has couiple customers for it. sadly to say!

but i am glad coz i got mine HAHA!!
He just needs to look around within the MBUSA dealer network. There are a bunch of them that are unsold.

The entire civilian G line is being discontinued, not just the G55. There's been a whole lot of discussion about this here in the past. Do a search, and you'll see.

·
Registered
'05 G55K - Stolen; '87 560SL - Sold
469 Posts
Maybe that 200 number is what they are importing to the U.S., because there are 23 for sale in the U.S. on this web site alone:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searchresults.jsp?advanced=&certified=&isp=y&search=y&lang=en&search_type=both&make=MB&model=G55AMG&start_year=2005&end_year=2006&min_price=&max_price=&distance=0&address=60606&x=48&y=7

... and only a fraction of MB Dealers list thier inventory on websites. Call around and you will find a lot more.

I am finding the MB Dealer's aren't moving on price yet, and colors options are extremely limited (why I haven't bought one yet [:(]) .... any one know a 'motivated' Dealer with one in something but Black or Silver??? [:)]

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
B L A C K

I figure in about 3 years i can pick up one kinda cheap lol...

Maybe mb has been drinking to much beer and brake and going to slap that 65 motor in them just because they can.... I mean they have made some crazy cars the last few year, S65, SL65,CL65, then all the 55K cars and suvs... then some one was like lets stick the old E55 motor in a c class!

·
Registered
'05 G55K - Stolen; '87 560SL - Sold
469 Posts
Spoke to a MB salesman on Friday. He has seen the new G .... and he told me to look a the spy pics, because that is really it (told me they expect it to be released Fall 2005). He referred to it as a "stretch M-class", and said the M is basically just a Lexus RX, but that is what "buyers want". I saw/sat in the M-Class Saturday (didn't even waste my time test driving it), and he is basically right ... a Lexus.

Also saw the R-class Saturday at the NY Auto Show ... makes me want a classic G even more!!!

He told me he reads this board ... so I hope he won't be mad I posted this [:I]

P.S. any dealers reading this who want to sell a non-Black or Silver G55K at invoice ..... pm me [8D] ... based on how many are out there unsold, time is on my side. Patience is a virtue, and the dog can wait [}:)]

·
Registered
00 g500
2,289 Posts
considering what a pounding benz is taking by lexus, despite the foulness of their RX300 line in particular, it's not that surprising i guess that they new R-class pinned at the top of our forum looks a lot like they hired the guy who has done the hatch/wagons in the current Mazda line-up. I actually like a lot of mazda's designs right now (not the RX-8)... but i like them as hatchbacks and wagons... not suv's.

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
its all back to the bang for the buck... sad to say but my $32,000 05 pathfinder does ever thing the G does except for the Star, the look and the locking diffs. it has heated seats, 7 place seating FRONT AND REAR heat and air, leather can tow 7,000 lbs and is faster 0-60 and 1/4 mile. Not to mention it rides better is about 50 times quiter and get 14.0 mpg on a brand new motor.

People want the most for the there money Mercedes does not offer that.. however Hummer does not either with the H1 and people still plop down $135-150,000 for them.

·
Registered
111.010 121.942 202.033
1,850 Posts
ewalberg - 3/28/2005 2:01 PM

considering what a pounding benz is taking by lexus, despite the foulness of their RX300 line in particular, it's not that surprising i guess that they new R-class pinned at the top of our forum looks a lot like they hired the guy who has done the hatch/wagons in the current Mazda line-up. I actually like a lot of mazda's designs right now (not the RX-8)... but i like them as hatchbacks and wagons... not suv's.
The RX-8 is the only one I do like. Not sure why I like it, but it is about the only Japanese car out right now I like enough to consider "buy worthy". Come to think of it, there are probably less than 12 cars I'd seriously consider in my budget.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts