Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2003 G55
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed a few G55k's (one new, one with 4k ) offered on EBAY. The one with 4k is offered buy it now at like 91k. A few dealers also have trucks offered. Any color on selling prices or reserves?

I noticed one of our esteemed forum members is the high bidder on the new one offered on EBAY.

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
I would be a bidding on one if i could make the payment on a new one!

the dealer just got on the other day, not sure what color it is... looks to be a baby blue or strange silver... I have only seen it through the windows at the show room.

·
Registered
'05 G55K - Stolen; '87 560SL - Sold
469 Posts
IGLOO,

SSSSssssh!!! I'll never invite you on a fishing trip. You'll scare all the fish away with that big mouth. [:0] I probably shouldn't have used my name from here, but it is going to be 'TheDogsCar' after all. [:p]

I have been high bidder on a few G55's so far, but always get out bid. I have never used eBay before, but it really is like fishing. You need patient's to catch the BIG ONE.

There is no color choice so far. Do they make this in any color 'BUT' Silver, Black or Pewter? I am low balling my bids, but if the color I wanted came up, I would bid that up fast!!!

The new G55K I am bidding on now has a light leather interior, and I am not sure how well that will stand up to a 130 pound drooling hairball .... plus there's my dog to think about [:D]

·
BenzWorld G Class Host
2002 800RMK
1,518 Posts
Good luck on getting the 55k, nice truck!

As for the light grey leather, that is what I have in my G320 and it is pretty good at staying that color. This is with a lot of dusty open window off-roading, 7 tr old twins eating fast food and a really hairy 150lb Newfoundland spending time in there[;)]

·
Registered
469 Posts
Brent,

Thanks for that heads up. I really thought it was a bad color choice for leather in a truck, but if you say it can stand up to twins ... then not much I can do to destroy it.

It just seems like the older G's had better exterior colors. RR and H2 have much better colors, but they are chosen for trucks, where MB chooses it's colors for cars.

·
Registered
G320 & E500
1,193 Posts
Kerr - 3/9/2005 4:08 PM

I would be a bidding on one if i could make the payment on a new one!

the dealer just got on the other day, not sure what color it is... looks to be a baby blue or strange silver... I have only seen it through the windows at the show room.
I had to wait several years before getting my G320. I LOVE IT. A few years from now, perhaps I will get one of these G55 or G55K's as my nice car and continue to use my G320 for the trails...

Chuck

·
Registered
2003 G55
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TheDogsCar - 3/9/2005 5:23 PM

IGLOO,

SSSSssssh!!! I'll never invite you on a fishing trip. You'll scare all the fish away with that big mouth. [:0] I probably shouldn't have used my name from here, but it is going to be 'TheDogsCar' after all. [:p]

I have been high bidder on a few G55's so far, but always get out bid. I have never used eBay before, but it really is like fishing. You need patient's to catch the BIG ONE.

There is no color choice so far. Do they make this in any color 'BUT' Silver, Black or Pewter? I am low balling my bids, but if the color I wanted came up, I would bid that up fast!!!

The new G55K I am bidding on now has a light leather interior, and I am not sure how well that will stand up to a 130 pound drooling hairball .... plus there's my dog to think about [:D]

Sorry..but it was too obvious! Im not a big fan of that light leather either, the door inserts look wierd...but that pewter seemed kind of interesting.

Even though dark colors are best for the g's in my opinion, I may even go for a silver one next time around, just for the ease of cleaning.

If I could find one in Designo Silver or midnight blue with the espresso dark brown leather..those might be interesting combos, but in the end black on black is the safest.

Being from New York..I'm sure you have checked the Manhattan dealer..isnt it funny that the prices are so much more stable in New York and Long Island? (I bought mine from those guys...not only are they tough nuts to crack on price..but there service department is horrible.

It seems that 85k will be a good number for one of these trucks in the next few months.

·
Registered
469 Posts
RE: to Thedogscar...

ewalberg,

Thanks for those suggestions, and I did e-mailed you back. I hope you got my response [:D]

I know exactly the one I want, I just need it to come up on auction and have the 'Reserve' at a realistic price. If you check the 'Completed Listings' you will see most just don't sell ...

·
Registered
469 Posts
RE: to Thedogscar...

ewalberg,

I see someone just outbid me, and their name is the same as the car you have, 2000g500.

Make's me think it might be you[?]

·
Registered
00 g500
2,289 Posts
... boohh..hah ahaha hahh...

that's my sinister laugh. Actually, No it's not me. For two reasons. I prefer the older interiors (i think everbody knows i'm a wierd-o) so I would put a kleeman on my truck before moving up to the new ones, and i'm a little concerned of how the power will affect the driveline parts in the long run so i'll not be adding a kleeman either... i don't mind doing wheel bearings... but i'm hoping not to have to do a tranny too since i'm shootin for 300k miles of service. If my pathfinder could easily swing 200k, this G's gotta be good for more.

...Plus i'm poor. (i'm showing my strips here aren't I?) :) If i had the extra cash laying around, i'd own a house, but you can barely buy a cardboard box for 500k where i'm at. The house behind my folks in a relatively modest neighborhood sold for 800k and was absolutely trashed by renters... needs MAJOR work... [B)][:(] ... and 20% growth in the the value per year isn't helping...

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
You need to move, you can buy a 6, to 7,000 sq house with about a acer lot for $500K where i live. Replacement cost are about $1.50-$2.00 a sq on insurance here.

·
Registered
00 g500
2,289 Posts
RE: ... boohh..hah ahaha hahh...

There was about 250 MY2000's imported. Maybe Erwin, who bought his new see's a used g55k as a bargain price and worth bidding on.

... still thinking about it, if i bought another G, it'd be a short wheel base, or convertible G300 Turbo diesel with an SVO (straight veggie oil) conversion for around town... it'd be easier parallel parking and practically free fuel. I'd feel very justified in driving a gas guzzler on 35's as a daily driver if it

·
Registered
469 Posts

2000g500 (whoever you are),

You win!!! It's all yours ...

I really don't want the exterior color (black shows wear, tear and dirt too easily), or like the interior color (I want black leather and no color contrast), so there is no point in me bidding higher. I want low maintenance exterior and interior colors.

Besides, I figure invoice on these is in the low $90's. If I am going to bid near the invoice, then I might as well walk into the dealership to buy it. They will give me MB Credit financing, plus some cappacino!!! The Dealer has had this on their floor a few months (window sticker price is pre-2005 price increase), and is having to offer it on eBay to move it. So good luck, and enjoy!!!

You take this one, I'll get the next one [;)]

·
Registered
2003 G55
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I feel responsible for your bitterness. I actually bought all 200 that were imported and I'm keeping them for my private collection[:D]

Dogs car..don't worry..nobody who is sane actually wants one of these things after 7k miles anyway (no we are not technically sane)..so you will buy the one you want in 3 to 6 months for 85k. (It's funny that I am writing like 85k is some kind of bargain anyway.)

The only problem is...they won't be as much of a status symbol in Manhattan by then...once the Range Rover Sports start to pop up.[:D]

·
Registered
469 Posts

My "bitternes" ... [:D] That made me laugh!!!

Also made me laugh that one of the 2005 G55K's didn't sell and only got 3 bids last time (top bid $86,100 .. 'Buy It Now' $91,985), and they just re-listed it with a starting bid of $97,000 [:0] EBay idiots ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4536028745&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

As for, "The only problem is...they won't be as much of a status symbol in Manhattan by then". Dude where have you been, they already aren't. That is why they aren't selling .... Brad Pitt (A-list star) sells his and Ashley Simpson (Bad singing sister of a star) buys one (yah, right!). MB-Manhattan told me last Summer they would NOT be getting a floor model, and told me a couple months ago they are NOT taking any more orders. The MB Dealer in Greenwich, Conneticut (VERY rich) had to ship his to a Dealer in Tennesse, because they couldn't sell it here. So when they have to sell these in the Red States, because the Blue States don't want them, you know they are uncool.

I know all this, but I still like them, and will buy mine when they are TOTALLY UNKEWL [;)], and super cheap ... I drive a '87 560SL that is beat to shit, and neither my dog, nor myself, care about other people's ideas of "status" [8D] We spit in the face of "status" [:p]

·
Registered
469 Posts
RE: Bentley Motors Downers Grove (burb of Chicago)

mb230,

Do us, and yourself, a favor and go test drive it and tell us what you think. They just lowered the price from $91k last week.

I have already told them to put me on speed dial if they drop the price more [8D]

P.S. The salesman told me to buy the Porsche Cayenne Turbo instead ... I told him I would, but it's ugly [:D] .... his name was Roland and his cell is (847) 343-2721

·
Registered
'07 E63 Wagon; '12 Range Rover HSE
43 Posts

TheDogsCar - 3/15/2005 2:09 PM

MB-Manhattan told me last Summer they would NOT be getting a floor model, and told me a couple months ago they are NOT taking any more orders. The MB Dealer in Greenwich, Conneticut (VERY rich) had to ship his to a Dealer in Tennesse, because they couldn't sell it here. So when they have to sell these in the Red States, because the Blue States don't want them, you know they are uncool.
Odd, it seems that they made a mistake. I've been dealing with the MB dealer on Park Ave (about a different car [;)]) and the G500 they had on the lot as of yesterday was a 2005 demo for an MB USA exec; this G had nearly 8k miles on it and had never been titled, so the dealer sold "as new." They just sold it yesterday for $77.5k. Not much of a discount from MSRP for that many miles.

I think that the G-wagens will hold value very well in coming years. Cool or not, I think that there is strong latent demand for the truck. Just look at the Defender 90 and 110. A good-condition 110 (a decade old or more) can cost as much as a new G500 here in the US. Heck, if I can choke-down my "other new car" payments in the next year, I'll be looking for a recent G-wagen too. It'll be the "keeper."

1 - 20 of 37 Posts