Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any advice regarding upgrading the head unit and speakers as well as amp/crossover and adding a subwoofer to a 2000 G500? where would you place the sub?<br> <br> thanks<br> ccr

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I saw your posts on the G Board as well. I have a 2000 G500. I replaced all speakers almost immediately due to a complete lack of bass response in the OEM speakers. I used MB Quart speakers all around and they made a big difference. The bass is now acceptable, but still not great. I considered a subwoofer, but as far as I know the only way to do it is to place a free-standing box in the rear cargo area. This would work, but would greatly reduce storage capacity and practicality of the back area, so I held off. I left the original head unit which for me is 'good enough' and I did not want to lose the steering wheel control and dash display. If you know of a way to install an aftermarket unit that retains these functions, let me know. Lastly, if you do replace your head unit, I may be interested in your original unit since for some reason part of the display on my head unit no longer works (Im relying on the dash display).

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a 2002 g500. it has nav and the cellphone interface. does anyone know if there is an amp in the car and where it is in the car? Thanks<br> <br> gary woodward

1 - 3 of 3 Posts