Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 G wagon with 70k miles
Many rust areas and the Mercedes Benz of South Bay (where I bought the car brand new) and USA Mercedes Benz refuse to take care of the defective paint/metal. The car continues to deteriorate and I believe the only way MB will take responsibility is through a class action suit? If anyone has this issue, please join me on the class action suit.

PS I have three other Benz and none have developed this rust issue and some are older

·
Registered
2002 G 500
100 Posts
Many rust areas and the Mercedes Benz of South Bay (where I bought the car brand new) and USA Mercedes Benz refuse to take care of the defective paint/metal. The car continues to deteriorate and I believe the only way MB will take responsibility is through a class action suit? If anyone has this issue, please join me on the class action suit.

PS I have three other Benz and none have developed this rust issue and some are older
I have spent over $10,000 on rust issues

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hi David, I am having the same issues with MB and bad rust on my 2013 g550. I want to join you on the class action suit. Please send me some information how to connect with you.

·
Registered
2002 G 500
100 Posts

Hello. I understand. The G500 is very prone to rust and corrosion. I have also spent around $10,000 on rust remuneration. I am very interested in joing a class action suit.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Hello... I don't know if i can participate in this class action suit. I just found out that my 2011 GLK350 has a MAJOR rust issue on my rear sub frame. The car is unsafe to drive and MB does not seem to be covering it, in fact my car is serviced every year with MB and they were not the ones who told me about this issue. I actually asked my family mechanic to check on my car becuz I heard a noise after it being serviced by MB. How do I participate in the suit?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello... I don't know if i can participate in this class action suit. I just found out that my 2011 GLK350 has a MAJOR rust issue on my rear sub frame. The car is unsafe to drive and MB does not seem to be covering it, in fact my car is serviced every year with MB and they were not the ones who told me about this issue. I actually asked my family mechanic to check on my car becuz I heard a noise after it being serviced by MB. How do I participate in the suit?
I would like to join.. I have spent $10,000 on rust remuneration. I had to replace the rear subframe $4000 alone

·
Registered
44 Posts
A quick internet search shows sub frame rust problems on a lot of different Mercedes models but not much on Mercedes helping. Seems like a supplier/quality issue that they probably know about. A good used one and an independent shop doing the work would be lot cheaper but I get it. Sucks having to wait for something to happen.

·
Registered
11 Posts
A quick internet search shows sub frame rust problems on a lot of different Mercedes models but not much on Mercedes helping. Seems like a supplier/quality issue that they probably know about. A good used one and an independent shop doing the work would be lot cheaper but I get it. Sucks having to wait for something to happen.
Thank you for your response. Yes it very stressful. As I'm without a car and have children that need to get around.

·
Super Moderator
1986/1990 W126
20,675 Posts
Check out the C class section(s) for the subframe rust problems they've had. There might be some help for you there. It's not just the C class that's suffering obviously, but it's a common problem there.

It's all a bit shocking really. But there's some few people who've managed to get some help from MB I think. Strength in numbers makes sense to me.

Please do fill out your profiles for us, model and year are really helpful to members.

·
Registered
2010 Mercedes GLK350
2 Posts

Check out the C class section(s) for the subframe rust problems they've had. There might be some help for you there. It's not just the C class that's suffering obviously, but it's a common problem there.

It's all a bit shocking really. But there's some few people who've managed to get some help from MB I think. Strength in numbers makes sense to me.

Please do fill out your profiles for us, model and year are really helpful to members.
Hi David
I would gladly join in the class action lawsuit. Attached below is my communication thread

Dear Mr. Leonard:

Thank you for your contact with our Customer Assistance Center. As requested, your concerns with your vehicle have been documented.
The above referenced vehicle’s Warranty Start Date is March 27, 2009. The New Vehicle Limited Warranty remains active for either 4 years or 50,000 accumulated miles from that date. For specific information regarding the coverage provided by the vehicle’s New Vehicle Limited Warranty, please consult the vehicle’s Service and Warranty Information Booklet or MBUSA.com.
While we regret you remain dissatisfied, we appreciate your understanding that MBUSA is responsible for upholding the terms of your vehicle warranty. Kindly be advised, goodwill assistance and/or compensation is not a condition or requirement of your vehicle warranty. Therefore, we consider each request a case-by-case basis, and do not provide any guarantee of financial assistance or compensation beyond the terms of your vehicle warranty.

Thank you for your continued support of Mercedes-Benz.

Sincerely,

Rasheeda
Executive Referral Manager
Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC
800-367-6372 x4605
IMPORTANT:
When responding, please “reply with history” as this email includes a special thread ID that ensures faster notification and processing of your response. Please be sure to not delete the THREAD ID associated with this e-mail when responding.
[ACTIVITY ID:2-DYB0M2Z][CASE ID:2-DWVTLX9]
---- Original Message ----
Rasheeda

Thank you for your time but I am not satisfied with MB’s handling of my request. I have posted the following on the MB forum and I intend to escalate the matter internally with MB. I also intend on increasing consumer awareness via social media as this is a very dangerous issue that people like myself have no idea is occurring and I could never have seen it myself unless I conducted my own multipoint inspection and of course know what to inspect. MB and several other auto repair shops I have spoken with are well aware of it and 2 MB dealerships have indicated that they see about 1 car per week that has this issue. You and I both know based on just the number of subframe orders that have been made to date, that MB has an issue and is aware of the design flaw. I have also been apprised that there is a 13 year corrosion warranty regardless of the number of owners. I was hoping MB would take care of this issue the right way.

I have a 2010 GLK350 and the rear subframe control arm mount has two large holes rusted through. It’s a dangerous accident waiting to happen. MB customer care escalation rep refused to pay for the repair citing it’s outside the warranty period. I have never had an issue with subframes rusting on my cars especially my 2009 Honda Odyssey and it’s been through salt, water, cold and hot humid temps. I am considering consulting a lawyer who deals with class action lawsuits. I wonder how many accidents have happened due to these subframes failing. Mercedes’ knows it’s a design flaw with either too thin of material, wrong material composition or rust coating failure. The sad thing is that on this car you would never know as the rear subframe control arm mounts are hidden by a plastic undercarriage protector. It takes a knowledgeable mechanic who knows this is an issue and knows to look for it during a multi point inspection.

Furthermore, my car has been looked over and I have been told it’s in excellent shape except for the rusted subframe. Very disappointed in MB’s unwillingness to stand behind their product and risk brand reputation and customer loyalty. I can tell you that I have had excellent experience with Infinity customer care on my QX-80. It’s simply a shame.

Best Regards
Robert Leonard

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 12, 2022, at 12:59 PM, [email protected]-benz.com wrote:
Dear Robert Leonard,
Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today.
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any additional questions or concerns you may have at the number below. I am typically in the office Monday through Friday from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST). The Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Center is closed on weekends and most major holidays.
Regards,
Rasheeda

Executive Referral Manager

Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC

(800) 367-6372 (ext. 4605)

·
Super Moderator
1986/1990 W126
20,675 Posts
Yea, I git a rotten car too, 2013 e550….. rear frame rotten….$4,000 to fix…. How is it possible that a 9 year old mercedes can have a rotten rear frame?…..sign me up for a class action suit…..anyone know how to start one?
Welcome. Hopefully something will come of this.
Can I recommend this please? Complete your Profile

1 - 15 of 15 Posts