41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
111.010 121.942 202.033
1,850 Posts
mb230s - 4/7/2005 3:09 PM

Mike G. - 4/7/2005 2:55 PM

4x4abc - 4/7/2005 2:43 PM

Input from this forum has pretty much killed the Alabama wannabe G. Even though press articles might suggest otherwise - the M-Class based G is not going to happen.

Harald
Thank God... Maybe we should compile a list of email addresses for specific Mercedes execs that we can voice our opinions to. That way it would be quite simple to click on and type several emails in one sitting.
Harald already did this many months back. I'll try and look for it and get it back at the top.

4x4abc - 11/30/2004 9:57 PM

In that order of priority:

1. the boss
Head of Board of Management
Prof. Jürgen E. Schrempp
[email protected]

2. MCG (Mercedes Car Group)
Head of Mercedes Car Group
Dr. Eckhard Cordes
[email protected]ler.com

3. Corporate Communications
Head of Corporate Communications
Hartmut Schick
[email protected]

4. US operations
CHRYSLER GROUP
Head of Chrysler Group
Dr. Dieter Zetsche
[email protected]; [email protected]

I received a very courteous reply from Jürgen Achilles Senior Manager Sales & Marketing Cross Country Vehicles Division (PBG) in Stuttgart. It was not an automated response and my message was read.

According to Jürgen eventually the 463 production will end but the decision has not been made.

Write the letters! They are listening. Include this latest contact also:

Jürgen Achilles
Senior Manager Sales & Marketing
Cross Country Vehicles Division (PBG)
HPC R 102
D 70546 Stuttgart
T: +49-(0)711-17-8 33 03
F: +49-(0)711-17-8 34 32
e--mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
2004 G500 (gone)
1,100 Posts
They're listening alright!!

Here's the letter I just received:

Dear Mr. Fuller,

Thank you for your email dated 08.04.2005. Due to our responsibility we want to give you an answer today.

Thank you for purchasing the G-Class and your strong relationship to our brand Mercedes-Benz. We appreciate your open words and your confidence in
us.

We have taken attentive note of your arguments and we will take them into consideration for our decision.

Nevertheless the actual G-Class as it is today will also be forced to follow the legislative restrictions and modern trends as other products. If we come to the conclusion not to continue the lifecycle of the actual G-Class, we will decide about the run out of the production by end of this year and we will inform the public about the result by that time.

Yours sincerely,

Jurgen Achilles

DaimlerChrysler AG
Cross Country Vehicles Division
I feel a great deal of comfort and satisfaction in receiving this letter from someone in the upper level management. All I can say is to continue to keep writing them curteous letters and hopefully things will change for the better.

[:)] [8D]

·
Registered
1985 300GD LWB 5 Speed
1,079 Posts
BrentG500,

Thanks for this, BrentG500. You inspired me to write to Juergen Achilles. With the names Achilles and Chrysler in the same email address, I must admit that I had the overwhelming feeling of generalized futility and angst. But, the journey is justified by the anticipated potential for homecoming (success). Homer would likely be amused.

·
Registered
G400 CDI 10/2003
68 Posts
Even if Mercedes will build a car to compete with family SUV's like Lexus LX470 & Co, this has nothing to do with the G class. This can make sense, as BMW is thinking to a larger X5 or even a X7.

They may call the new car GL, but it will not be similar with G class as CL is not similar with C class.

I hope that we will convince Mercedes not to stop the G and let other enjoy such classic cars.

Christian

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
I would love to have my local mb dealer print out all my warranty clames and then the new dealer do the same so i can scan and attach them to those people with a short e mail asking what i should do.

Im sure i would not get a response and that is after reading the interview in automobil with new guy at mb.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts