Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

need help with G3001990 I’m looking to buy. I tried to engage the diff buttons but nothing happened on dash or even lighting up.
The current owner replaced the transmission cause the car would turn off once he hit 5th gear. Bear in mind the car is done less than 100k since 1990 . All help is appreciated before I buy a car that I can’t fix.

·
Registered
96 G300DT
2,092 Posts
The locker problem is likely a fuse. But what made the fuse blow?
Once you get that fixed you will find that the hydraulic side of the locker system hasn't been used in a decade and that it needs some repair work too. The repairs aren't rocket science, If you have done brake work this is very similar.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The locker problem is likely a fuse. But what made the fuse blow?
Once you get that fixed you will find that the hydraulic side of the locker system hasn't been used in a decade and that it needs some repair work too. The repairs aren't rocket science, If you have done brake work this is very similar.
Thank you so much, I’ll keep that in mind when I go to check the car again . Fingers crossed

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you got a site or link that may help with the fuses and how I’d go about the rest of what you mentioned brother please

·
Registered
96 G300DT
2,092 Posts
Looks like it gets power from F10, which also powers the brake lights. Check if they are working.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts