Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 G500 with 45k miles and it's been running well so far as a daily commuter. My CPO warranty is going to end soon and I am thinking about upgrading my idler And tensioner pulleys to Karl's aluminum ones and have an extra spare bearing for them. If you were planning for a SHTF situation, what other spare parts or upgrades would you guys recommend? I am thinking an extra serpentine belt, fuses, light bulbs, spark plugs... Are there any known problems with G500s in the long term? It'll be great to make a complete list of all upgrade and also backup spare parts. I'll start below.

Upgrades
Aluminum pulleys
Mercedes M113 Idler Pulley
Mercedes M113 Tensioner Pulley

Spares
Serpentine belt
Serpentine V-Belt, Six Rib - G500 [0119979792] - $37.00 : Eurotruck Importers, Your source for Mercedes-Benz off-road vehicles and spare parts!

Fuses and bulbs. Need to figure out which fuses are needed.
Electrical & Lighting : Eurotruck Importers, Your source for Mercedes-Benz off-road vehicles and spare parts!

Spark plugs. How many would be good to have around?
Spark Plug - BOSCH Super Plus Yttrium FR8DPP33+ [0031599403] - $6.50 : Eurotruck Importers, Your source for Mercedes-Benz off-road vehicles and spare parts!

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,979 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts