Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1981 G 230 Cabrio
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a few pictures from last Saturday’s event.

It’s a shame I didn’t get any shots from the actual course. Hopefully Harald can help me out here.

Attachments

·
Registered
G320 & E500
1,193 Posts
I would love to hear the story about the G-Wagon hanging from a tree.

I thought that it was very interesting to show the center-of-gravity lines.

Attachments

·
Registered
1986 280 GE lwb
210 Posts
As far as the hanging G. I was told it took them most of the day to get it up there. They used the 404 Unimog and secured it with chains and tow straps. They emptied all the fluids as well.

·
Registered
1986 280 GE lwb
210 Posts

·
Registered
1980 LWB 280GE
3,504 Posts
Looks like fun!

From the pictures it looks like the course was well suited to the G. Lots of cross axle stuff to show off lockers, but nothing too challenging to ground clearance or the street rubber.

There seem to be a couple of more "hard core" rigs in attendance. Was there another more difficult course for those?

I may be wierd, but for some reason, I keep thinking,
"I bet the food was awsome!" and wishing I was there even if only for that! [:D]

-Dave G.

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
WOW ... great pics, and I love the flying G! Was there anything that was actully challenging for the G at this event??[?]

·
Registered
1986 280 GE lwb
210 Posts
This event was by invitation only. Autostar, the local DC rep here in Costa Rica made this awesome event. Around 500 people came during the day. Once at the gate they had valet parking just a special area for the G's. At registration they presenred you with a toy G as a gift. As you mentioned food was great as were the complementary drinks.
They had 3 G's doing the course. A G270CDI, a G500 and a G400CDI, people stood in line for up to 10 minutes for a ride. Course was great just enough to show of the off road trades of the G. Only the stocj vehicle were used. The yellow was there for the show.
Harald was here giving rides, information and taking tons of pics. So was Heinz Neunzig, Senior Manager Sales & Marketing for America, Australia and Africa of the Cross Country Vehicle Division. Both great guys.
The black rimmed G belong to Richard a german guy living here. It's a G55.
This was a superb event.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts