Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
G55AMG Kompressor
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

Today at the local MB service I was told that there is NO camber alignment and NO custer alignment on the G-wagen can be performed.
They told me that only Toe angle can be adjusted on our car.

Does somebody know - is that right?

·
Registered
G55AMG Kompressor
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kerry, how we can align our babies front wheels to enable it to run straight as an arrow at any speed then?

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,979 Posts
Kerry, how we can align our babies front wheels to enable it to run straight as an arrow at any speed then?
Toe-in adjustment is all you have. My G500 runs straight as an arrow from 0-90 mph, and probably higher; but I see no reason to go faster than that..

·
Registered
G55AMG Kompressor
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just today I made an adjustment in the MB dealer. Sure they made all possible the best by my pain-in-the-assing, and it goes straigh and very good.
About 90 mph? I don't think it's a good idea to go in such a high speed, just sometime to try, you have a good I-75 for that :)

·
Registered
96 G300DT
2,029 Posts
Alignment is trivial once the adjusting bolts have been broken loose. You can do it yourself with not much more than a piece of string and a fine pitch ruler. I wrote up a DIY on the site-cannot-be-named. Google for the words "string alignment g300dt".

I've used this method in the bush after catching the track rod on a rock and bending it into a U.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts