Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys im interested in putting the chrome nerf bar looking piece which fits under the front bumper on the 55. I have an 02 G 500/ Has anyone ever put one on a non 55. Any idea how much it may cost and is it easy to install. Not looking to do a 55 update or anything of the sort:surrender: , just always liked the way the front looks with that bar:thumbsup:
TIA
GWAG 500

·
Registered
'72 350sl & g500
597 Posts
the bar is $450

GAP For G-Wagons

to install, its probably just two or 3 bolts on the underside of the front bumper. you'd prolly have to drill holes. not hard though. g500 and g55 are essentially the same body (55 has wider flares), so, stuff that fits a 55 will easily fit a g500.

·
Registered
2002 Mercedes G500 & 2005 BMW 745Li
117 Posts
Here's the front bumper guard installed on my G500.
I purchased this one from fourbyfourclub.com, and their cost is around $450.
I will buy the underbody guard in few weeks.

·
Registered
'72 350sl & g500
597 Posts
GAP is very good, im not positive about the OEM-ness, but my dealer always refers me to them for stuff. Besides, with MB quality going downhill, probably better with non-OEM.... I bought the taillight things from GAP (the small ones) and they are just fine.

·
Registered
1996 G320 LWB
126 Posts
The turn signal guards and some of the other products look exactly like what's offered by ORC. I was under the impression that ORC designed and manufactured in house the majority of the products that it sells (i.e. not your run of the mill 4x4 distributor). Think they could be private labeling to these guys?

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
ORC does make awasome stuff.. they just cost a LOT.

I want another winch bumper bad but its hard to swallow $1,800 + import tax and shipping..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts