Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any information on the audio system in the new G500? I just picked mine up and it has the worst audio system I have ever heard in a car. It absolutely sucks. (And no I'm not a rapper.) When did they get Krako to start making their OEM speakers? Mercedes should be ashamed of putting crap like that in such a great vehicle.<br>
<br>
So, any ideas on how to make this thing sound good. Is the head unit the problem? I turned the bass all the way up and it didn't change the sound at all. Does anyone know who makes the components? It looks like Alpine made the changer. How complicated is it with this system to install an amp? Any ideas on how good the speaker wiring is? I don't really want to tear this truck apart but I already know I'm not going to be able to handle the sound system. Something serious is going to have to happen here. Realistically, people would be better off with them not installing anything so we wouldn't have to go to the hassle of ripping it out.<br>
<br>
As to speaker size what are we dealing with? It looked to me like 6' in the front and rear doors, and maybe 3 or 4' drivers in the right and left dash. What are they doing in the center? It looks like a 4x6'? What were they thinking? <br>
<br>
My initial idea is to use MB Quart. Any other ideas? Someone who posted here said that it helped their G-500, but still didn't produce much bass. Anyone have any experience taking one of these doors or dashes apart? <br>
<br>
Any ideas?<br>
<br>
Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts