Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this in the mail back in November, no return address on the envelope, the postage and postmark were from Canada. I don't know how they got my name, never contacted them for business or work. They want me to deposit the $3,400.00 check and keep $100.00 and remit $3,100.00 money via Western Union and the difference for service charges and shopping.

Attachments

·
It Is What It Is, Dude
22,839 Posts
Shoulda offered to sell him a hydrogen generator. Or that new cold fusion home power supply that's been on all the technical blogs lately.

·
It was fun while it lasted
11,119 Posts
Hey dude! It is not a scam. I know because I participated in a similar venture just 2 weeks ago. They promised me a check by Christmas. I'm patiently waiting. They are so sincere and care about my welfare. It's like money falling from the sky.

·
Registered
28,829 Posts
The Nigerian Email Division of Feel The Love Enterprises does not run "scams" or "cons". We are in the business of making people rich, by matching honest Americans with the children of African dictators who need to use an honest American's bank account to transfer the millions their parents stashed away. How dare any of you hold the practice of genocidal murder of these poor orphans parent's against them? These children need help. It is really quite simple, we will send you check for your expenses, but we need you to cash the check immediately, send us 90% of the cash since we have no American bank account, and we will then catch the first plane to your town and deliver these millions to you. PM me and I will match you with your very own African Dictator's Orphan. Please hurry, it is almost Christmas and my shopping budget needs help this year. Help an orphan now, it's Christmas.

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
It must be a scam. Usually what happenes is after you cash the check immediatly then your bank will find out later that the check was a fake one and you will be responsiable to pay back the full amount plus any additional fees.

·
Registered
28,829 Posts
It must be a scam. Usually what happenes is after you cash the check immediatly then your bank will find out later that the check was a fake one and you will be responsiable to pay back the full amount plus any additional fees.
I am suing you for making my trade secrets public.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Heay, FTL, The Nigerian Email Division of Feel The Love Enterprises has not sent me my Autograph Dick Chaney Pillowcases. Whats up wit dat.

·
Registered
28,829 Posts
Heay, FTL, The Nigerian Email Division of Feel The Love Enterprises has not sent me my Autograph Dick Chaney Pillowcases. Whats up wit dat.
Dick has a rather unusual custom autograph. We'll be sending you what's left of your pillow shortly.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I was surprised at how many people actually do it. I almost got caught by a real savvy scam in which I sent a $7,500 ring to a guy who used all the PayPal links and re-linked them to his site. If it wasn't for me reading the source code I would have lost my friends ring. I put a fraud alert on the shipment and I got it back several days later.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts