Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...about a month ago, my check engine light on my 07 GL 450 came on at 32K miles, dealer instructed me to release gas cap, replace it and drive at least 5 miles..it worked, engine light turned off...it did it again today, but the trick did not work this time..took it to the dealer and was told that the left exhaust camshaft magnet adjuster need replacing ($280)..this was covered by my Fidelity extended warranty and only had to pay my deductible ($100)..also covered was the broken driver headrest motor under the same deductible which the dealer had to special order (300$)...guess paying $3200 for 5 yr, 60k extended warranty is starting to pay off...anyhow, just thought i would share..by the way, has anybody heard about the class act law suit about MB engines..i think 07 GL 450 was one of the affected ones..any input?

·
It was fun while it lasted
11,126 Posts
There are 2 class action lawsuits. The first involved balance shaft/ idler shaft gear cogs on the M272 and M273 engines. A judge threw that one out a couple of weeks ago. The second involves the 63AMG engines in relation to premature cam lobe wear. It is still ongoing.

I've not heard of many GL's with bad idler shaft cogs. Maybe a couple. Repair isn't that extensive on V-8's since the engine doesn't have to be pulled.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2007 GL 450 Engine Light

I just purchased a used 2007 Mercedes Benz GL450 with 118 400 km fully serviced at Mercedes Benz. I have only driven 500km and the engine light has come on. The Gas Cap is tight. The previous owner also had this problem at 118304 km and all that was done was Short Test Clear Codes, he also had this problem at 103393km and at that time had left and right camshaft magnets replaced.

Why would the light come on again, what does it mean, is it dangerous to drive with light on.

I do not feel a difference in driving after the light came on.

Please advise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts