Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I'm looking for the fuse for the central locking, from what I understand it's in the front passenger footwell......in theory.
I've looked everywhere under the dash on the passenger side, and it's got me snookered.
I found the fuses under the steering wheel and under the front passenger seat.
Could someone please help shed some light on where they are?
Thanks
Darc.

·
Registered
Used to look after V Class Trend with wheelchair lift.
71 Posts
On a UK V class.

There are several fuses associated with the central locking most cover other functions as well.

F1 7.5A Amp, F2 30Amp F3 30 Amp are also associated with the central locking module but also control window and roof functions on a uk V Class

If everything else is working, eg windows, alarm etc. and assuming it is the same as the V Class

F4 25 Amps is the "Central Locking control module (CL Actuators)" (Which are the motors that lock and unlock the door).

It was this fuse that was blown on our vehicle after the CL went into a sustained cyclical lock/unlock until it stopped working with some burnt out motors and led the auto electrician to incorrectly think the control module had blown.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm looking after the fusebox at the passenger side too...where in the f... is it, coud some send a pic or tell???

I'm pulling my hair off!

·
Registered
2002 Vito 112CDI Auto
59 Posts
I'm looking after the fusebox at the passenger side too...where in the f... is it, coud some send a pic or tell???

I'm pulling my hair off!
You're lucky you have hair to pull out.:D

I've got a 2002 112CDI so I don't know if it's the same but have a look under the dash below the lower left parcel shelf (about middle of the shelf). You should see a round plastic button with a screw slot in it. Turn the screw 90 degrees and the small flap (about 75mmx40mm from memory) should fold down. Not sure what's in there. I only know it's there because someone didn't do mine up properly.
These Mercs amaze me. I've nevers seen a car that doesn't have a sticker inside the fuse cover telling you what the fuses are. What do you do out on the road one night when your wipers blow a fuse and you have no idea which fuse to check.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Peter, I total agree...what to doo in the middle of the night with blown fuses?
I'm a engenier and if I had been the in the production line, it never had been this way, i promise...(you have pation with my language since I'm a Norwegian ;)).
I'm now at this moment going outside to check the dash in the freesing could, and if I not find that stupid fusebox this time...this message will be suplied with some bad words... not suitable for kids ;)))
----
Knudsen

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Peter, I total agree...what to doo in the middle of the night with blown fuses?
I'm a engenier and if I had been the in the production line, it never had been this way, i promise...(you have pation with my language since I'm a Norwegian ;)).
I'm now at this moment going outside to check the dash in the freesing could, and if I not find that stupid fusebox this time...this message will be suplied with some bad words... not suitable for kids ;)))
----
Knudsen
:crybaby2::mad::bowdown:
ANYBODY WHO HAS A PIC OF THIS F... S.... FUSEBOX LOCATION????
All I can see under the passanger dash after removig this cover plate is a box "Gertriebesteurung", Am I blind or is it something I miss???
____
Knudsen

·
Registered
2002 Vito 112CDI Auto
59 Posts
Getriebesteuerung translates to Transmission Control using Google translate.

I didn't have much of a look at mine but I though I could see what looked like a few relays in there. I'll have a better look in there tomorrow.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Gents, I have to assume you refer to the 638 model to which I cannot help but if its the 639 model, then it too does not have any fuse names or clues as to what fuse powers what!!

Have a look here (as I did) and print out the relevant page and stick it in the main fuse box. The 639 box is in the engine bay.

Mercedes-Benz UK - Vans - Owner?s Manuals

You cannot save this file on your pc (its an html jobbie and wont "save" in the normal manner) but do save the link and take a print when you need some info.
FF:D

·
Registered
2002 Vito 112CDI Auto
59 Posts
All I can see under the passanger dash after removig this cover plate is a box "Gertriebesteurung", Am I blind or is it something I miss???
Ok. I got curious this morning and got under there to see exactly what was in mine. What I have in that little area under the parcel shelf is one bank of 9 fuses with space for another bank of 9 fuses. I only have fuses 2,3,4 populated.
2: Passenger Power Window
3: Driver Power Window
4: Central Locking Unit

Sound like the 112 is different to the 113.

FerretFlasher: Yep. Mine is a W638. Had a look at the link you supplied but the fuse layouts are totally diferrent. I intend to draw up a fuse layout that I can stick inside the fuse panels with some clear contact. At least I won't have to dig out the manual everytime I want to know what a fuse is then. You would be stuffed without a manual for one of these things.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts