Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
"1992 190E 2.6" "1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC" "1992 Lincoln Mark VII BB"
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right in front of my fuse box on my 92 190E 2.5 is a small black box. In this box is places for 2 fuses. The spot towards the passanger side has a blue fuse and the wires are marked with blue tape. On the side closest to the fender is a blank space (no fuse) and the wires are marked with white tape.

What do these do and should I have a fuse in the empty spot ??

·
Registered
84 190e 2.3 soon to be LS1 powered
95 Posts
Right in front of my fuse box on my 92 190E 2.5 is a small black box. In this box is places for 2 fuses. The spot towards the passanger side has a blue fuse and the wires are marked with blue tape. On the side closest to the fender is a blank space (no fuse) and the wires are marked with white tape.

What do these do and should I have a fuse in the empty spot ??
Give ne a VIN and I will see if I can figure it out.... I dont know much about a 2.5 cars, but maybe the EPC will tell me something.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry it is a 2.6

I have looked through all the old posts and several have asked, but no one has answered.

·
Registered
84 190e 2.3 soon to be LS1 powered
95 Posts
sorry it is a 2.6

I have looked through all the old posts and several have asked, but no one has answered.
Well I spoke to a tech here and he thinks it is for your Aux fans, and according to MB is should have one red and one blue fuse in it....

Sorry I could not be more exact, but these are pretty old cars to these guys here... if they cant plug it in, well, lets just say the art of daignosis is kind lost on most of them. LOL

I am talking about number 44 in the picture

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
YUp, that is the baby. AUX fans, good. Learn something new every day. And do I understand about techs not understanding the older stuff.

Thank You very much. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts