Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

fuse question

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  420 SE 
#1 ·
so my interior dome lights and my antenna stoped working and from i learned they are both controlled by fuse 15? where can i purchase this fuse from? does pepboys or autozone have them, thanks

#3 ·
Having the EXACT same problem in my '84 300sd...fuse #15 is blown, and blows instantly when replaced (with the proper 8 amp white fuse). So there is a dead short. I confirmed that the red (positive) wires leading away from fuse #15 are grounded out, in other words, in direct contact with the chassis (negative) somewhere.
As you know, fuse #15 provides power to: the trunk light, the INterior lights, the door "puddle lights, the power antenna, the "safety belt handover arm"(?), and the "warning monitor term. 5"(?). I'm not sure what the "safety belt handover arm" is, and not even the Mercedes parts dealer can tell me what the "warning monitor term. 5" is.
A Mercedes mechanic suggested that a short in the power antenna is typically the culprit when fuse #15 keeps blowing like this. But the power antenna checks out working properly; and even when the power antenna is completely disconnected from the car, the dead short in fuse #15 is still there. So...
I am stumped! Any prospective solution much appreciated.
PS: Since the "safety belt handover arm" is powered via fuse #15, could the Seat Belt Warning Relay be bad? (And where on the car is that relay?)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.