Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
02 ML320
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started my 02 320 today and noticed that my gauge cluster and heater wasn't working.No lights no nothing.So I thought it mighgt be a fuse cause the night before I had the truck washed,engine included.I found the gauge and heater fuse wich was burnt and checked the others but it was the only one burnt.I changed it but when I started the engine it burntout again.After doing this about three times I thought it might be the white face gauges I put in. So I disconected the power to it and replaced the fuse again and everything was fine.I tested the gauges and they were fine so I hooked it back up the same way and everything is all good again.So why was the fuse breaking when I really didn't do anything.I'm scratching my head on this one

·
Registered
'05 ML350SE
1,395 Posts
It is possible that by removing the power to the cluster, the fault was reset so the cluster acted normal after power was restored.

·
Registered
497 Posts
surbenzolot - 3/23/2005 9:09 PM
So why was the fuse breaking when I really didn't do anything.I'm scratching my head on this one
You may have removed the short when you removed the connector, if it was a short strand of wire just laying across live connections somewhere; or the strand burnt through and the problem has now gone. The connector may just have not been properly mated.

I recommend you relax and don't worry about it, it is probably fixed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts