Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
You can connect the conductor plate to the harness without the valve body, and plug the harness to the TCM. With key in position 2, you can check the voltage on pins 29 and 38. You may or may not see voltage on pin 38, but that is besides the point.

After the solenoid faults detected, the TCM goes in the electrical limp mode. It will not exit the limp mode till you fixed the problem, and cleared the codes from the TCM.

The TCM monitors the voltage on pin 38. If it is not there, it will generate a different code (P0702). If you did not see this code, the chances are the TCM is fine, but in limp mode.

You can get a cheaper scanner, but you should have a laptop and ability to install the software. I tried it on a friend's car and it can access the TCM. I did not reset the codes as it had no fault codes. If it does not work, you should be able to return it for money back.

You can use the Bluetooth or USB for laptop connection.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-Bluetooth-TCS-CDP-Pro-Plus-OBD2-OBDII-Scanner-Diagnostic-Tool-for-Car-Truck/142913023465?_trkparms=aid=555021&algo=PL.SIMRVI&ao=1&asc=59661&meid=b153993ea48b4eddb005d8ed269e3ee0&pid=100752&rk=1&rkt=11&mehot=co&sd=253973609053&itm=142913023465&pmt=1&noa=0&pg=2047675&_trksid=p2047675.c100752.m1982
thought ya got rid of me,i just got that scanner,did you have a hard time installing this ,everytime i get to the actiation part ,it tells me it failed ,not like they gave great instructions,let me know maybe the softwares corrupted

·
Premium Member
5,669 Posts
thought ya got rid of me,i just got that scanner,did you have a hard time installing this ,everytime i get to the actiation part ,it tells me it failed ,not like they gave great instructions,let me know maybe the softwares corrupted
Unlikely.

Check the system requirements. I used windows 7, never tested with windows 10.
You need to install the NET software as instructed. Turn off the virus protection and internet access after you download the NET if you need it.

Some descriptions that come with the CD are cryptic but there are lots of youtube videos that show how to install it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Unlikely.

Check the system requirements. I used windows 7, never tested with windows 10.
You need to install the NET software as instructed. Turn off the virus protection and internet access after you download the NET if you need it.

Some descriptions that come with the CD are cryptic but there are lots of youtube videos that show how to install it.
thank you once again,

61 - 63 of 63 Posts