Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1998 ml320 and found only 1 fuse box under the hood in the engine compartment, is there any other ones?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
On a web It shows one inside by the passenger seat
Passenger seat? There are several passenger seats...
You refer to the front passenger seat, footwell, side kick panel, did you look there yet?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
There is only 1 fuse box under the hood in a 1998 ML.
There should be a diagram, under the fuse panel cover, of all the fuses and relays and what they control or protect.
Later year W163 ML's had a 2nd fuse box under the right front passenger kick panel.

Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you Khomer2 for quick response! I tried to edit my profile by phone but can not. May be i should try on portable PC? I found the fuses. They are not damaged. But my hazard switch, brake lights and high beams don't work. What can i do?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Thank you Khomer2 for quick response! I tried to edit my profile by phone but can not. May be i should try on portable PC? I found the fuses. They are not damaged. But my hazard switch, brake lights and high beams don't work. What can i do?
Use a pc to update your info.

For your non-working lights,
Read thru this to test - https://www.benzworld.org/forums/w163-m-class/1430883-brake-lights-not-working-not-stop.html
(one example of many)

Re-test all your fuses too - you would be surprised how a simple glance inspection of the fuses can miss a "hairline" crack (I have done this myself many times due to laziness), or do a swap and test.

lastly, try using the search button, top right corner using key words, and read thru the related posts to your situation. :)

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
5 Participants
Witek_M
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing