1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
CLK 320 Coupe
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody.

It seems my clk 320 doesn't like Spring at all! [:D]

First of all, the sunroof fails to open (it gets just middle way - and not continuously - and doesn't close at all... I need to close it manually).
Second, the radio tuner (standard Becker with 6-CD changer) works but the cd changer hangs.
Has anyone any issue?

Many thanks.
Max

·
Registered
SL320, 300e, 450SL
1,044 Posts
WHEN YOU SAY YOUR ROOF WONT CLOSE, DO YOU MEAN THAT IT GETS ALMOST SHUT ABOUT 2-4 INCHES FROM CLOSING THEN SUDDENLY STOPS? tHE NOT OPENING PART SEEMS LIKE YOU SHOULD RE-SYNCRONIZE YOUR SUNROOF BY CYCLING IT THROUGH ITS BACK AND FORTH MOVEMENTS A FEW TIMES. bY THE UNIT NOT CLOSING, I SUSPECT YOUR WIND DEFLECTOR IS BAD AND THAT IS THROWING IT OUT OF SYNC. GOOD LUCK...bc

·
Registered
CLK 320 Coupe
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bc2885 - 3/24/2005 2:41 PM

WHEN YOU SAY YOUR ROOF WONT CLOSE, DO YOU MEAN THAT IT GETS ALMOST SHUT ABOUT 2-4 INCHES FROM CLOSING THEN SUDDENLY STOPS?
Exactly.

tHE NOT OPENING PART SEEMS LIKE YOU SHOULD RE-SYNCRONIZE YOUR SUNROOF BY CYCLING IT THROUGH ITS BACK AND FORTH MOVEMENTS A FEW TIMES. bY THE UNIT NOT CLOSING, I SUSPECT YOUR WIND DEFLECTOR IS BAD AND THAT IS THROWING IT OUT OF SYNC. GOOD LUCK...bc
Thank you very much for your help, bc. I'll try to re-sync the sunroof as you have suggested.

Bye. [;)]

·
Registered
1999 Clk320
239 Posts
I had this exact same problem a while back. It got about half way and then stopped. If you tried to open it up some, it would open... but when you went to close it, the same thing would happen. Opening it all the way up and then closing it worked. I haven't had the problem again.

·
Registered
CLK 320 Coupe
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried the re-sync procedure you suggested and now it works fine again. Thanks. [:)]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts