Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<br>Hi, sometimes when my right front wheel hits a pothole I feel and hear a ringing vibration from the wheel, almost like the wheel axle is bouncing around a casing that is the same shape but of slightly larger diameter. Also, I haven't been able to compare by driving another C36 but I think the body rolls quite a lot around sharp turns and the chassis feels loose, almost on edge and the tires about to lose grip. Additionally I find that I need to go to the air pumps every other day to keep the front tires at 30psi and the rear at 33psi the front left tire deflates especially quickly, ie. to 18psi in a matter of days. Tire valve problems perhaps? I live in London which has some of the worst road surfaces of any major city in the world. The car is a 96 with 50,000 miles on it, I bought it a few months ago at 47,000 miles and had a major service right away.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
: <br>Hi, sometimes when my right front wheel hits a pothole I feel and hear a ringing vibration from the wheel, almost like the wheel axle is bouncing around a casing that is the same shape but of slightly larger diameter. Also, I haven't been able to compare by driving another C36 but I think the body rolls quite a lot around sharp turns and the chassis feels loose, almost on edge and the tires about to lose grip. Additionally I find that I need to go to the air pumps every other day to keep the front tires at 30psi and the rear at 33psi the front left tire deflates especially quickly, ie. to 18psi in a matter of days. Tire valve problems perhaps? I live in London which has some of the worst road surfaces of any major city in the world. The car is a 96 with 50,000 miles on it, I bought it a few months ago at 47,000 miles and had a major service right away.<p>Sounds like you picked up a nail or some leak or another you shouldn't loose pressure @ all in a month period or so. have it checked if you know what tire is loosing press. If all are then replace valve stems and never go back to the place that sold them to you. (they always should replace the stems when you get new tires) any other q's email me spr<br>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts