Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 CLK430, 2000 CL500 both silver with black interior. 2005 C230Kompressor Sport Red with Blk Int
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, when I was on the interstate a while back, I tried to put my car (00 CL500) on cruise but it wouldnt work. I tried quite a few times and I know I was doing it right. I have 3 Mercedes and the cruise works the same on all of them, even my dads Mercedes from 1989 has the exact same controls for the cruise control. Anyway, later, I was driving at about 45 MPH and just decided to try it and it worked. So then I bumped it up one MPH, and then another, and another, but once I got to 50, it cut off again. So then I began to experiment and over and over again it would cut off at 50 MPH. I have a hard time believing that this is by design so I am assuming that there is some error that is causing this. Does anybody else have an issue somewhat related to this or know of any reason would cause my cruise control to start blinking and turn off at 50 MPH? Its just weird to me. At first I thought it didnt work at all, and I had sort of accepted that. But THEN when I realized that it DID work, just not at 50 or above, I became curious.

·
Registered
1970 w109 6.3, 2014 ML350 (petrol) AMG kitted, 2004 Vito 115 crewbus, 2003 CL600 V12 bi-turbo
394 Posts
Sorry to se you haven't had a reply to this. Remember you are only asking W215 owners who normally are not very technical. I have learnt to post these type of questions on other sections of this forum as well. I have had great success with all my electrical issues on the 'Audio and electronics' section. There are some very clever people replying on that forum. Or even post it on the E Class section as there will by 10's of thousands of owner there as apposed to a hand full of CL owners,
Just a suggestion as it works for me.
Could it be somrthing to do with the 'speed limiter', which is part of the CC function being stuck?? ..... Good luck

·
Registered
2001 CLK430, 2000 CL500 both silver with black interior. 2005 C230Kompressor Sport Red with Blk Int
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is a very good idea. The threads in the CL forum move very slow compared to other forums. Like you said, there arent as many CL owners and that makes perfect sense. Thats one MAJOR reason I like having a CL though, Im sure most 215 owners like that we dont see them at every intersection. In certain cities, you can go WEEKS or longer without seeing another one. Anyway, I will definitely use your advise and check other forums. If I find a resolution, I will post the result here to close this out and reveal the remedy.

·
Registered
1970 w109 6.3, 2014 ML350 (petrol) AMG kitted, 2004 Vito 115 crewbus, 2003 CL600 V12 bi-turbo
394 Posts
Yes - they are a rare and beautiful beast! I have the only one in my city of 80,000. There is one guy (who owns half the city!!!) with a CL65. I would guess that there would only be a few hundred (CL500) in all of New Zealand with only a handfull of CL600 or CL65.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts