Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
07 ML320 CDI
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to Fumoto's web site, these should fit a 07 ML320 CDI, but they do not, they are too large. Just an FYI for those who might want to install one...

·
Registered
452 Posts
I decided to purchase an oil evacuator instead of a quick drain valve. Price was under 60 bucks and it works like a charm. Very well built and no more crawling under the vehicle and also removing various skid pans etc. I expect the price difference is easily made up in time and conveniance...In my opinion

·
Registered
07 ML320 CDI
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought one of those evacuators that someone here suggested, and it turned out to be a POS. I could not get more than 8 quarts out of the engine regardless of what tube I used, how hard I pumped, how many times I reinserted the tube, etc. And I worked with that evacuator for an hour. For that amout of time, I will gladly get under the vehicle to remove one skid plate and one pan bolt.

·
Registered
2007 Alpine Rain/Ash ML320 CDI
300 Posts
I would agree with Mauser, but after changing the oil once via the drain plug I'm going to try it with a Mightyvac extractor in the next day or two. That is the factory recommended method. For anybody who has not drained the oil via the plug be aware that there is also a cover over the oil pan that needs to be removed or otherwise kept clear of the oil flow. I loosened the three cover screws and made a "gasket" out of some plastic wrap to try and keep the old oil from seeping back under and onto the cover and making a mess. I'm sure there are much better ways to direct the oil to the oil pan but it's all I could think of at the time. Maybe a cheap plastic funnel could be cut to fit. You also need to have a copper washer ready because the old one will most likely be deformed from tightening. A Fumoto valve would clear the pan cover and if one comes available I'd probably be interested.

Note: Just realized I made the 200 post milestone!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts