·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've done it.
I ordered everything I needed for the Brake Job, Rotor Change out, Fuel Filter,
Oil Filter, Air Filter

My main concentration this Saturday is to change out all four rotors and pads

I can take some pretty good pictures ( some of you all have told me )

But dang it, I like how some of you put "captions" on the photos.

I would like to take the pictures.
Forward them to one of you all
Have you do your magic on them with those arrows and text
and then we can post it online as a DIY for Brakes etc.

Otherwise I'll have to post boring pics and boring text.

HELP? ANYONE? :surrender:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Umm, I can offer the advice on using photobucket.com for the image hosting, so that the images STAY there, and could even try doing the arrow stuff, but you will need to tell me EXACTLY what you want done, ok? I need a walkthrough and my brakes need changing soon anyway.

PS: I got a quart of ATE racing blue fluid, and the spec sheet in the Owners Manual says that the brake system holds 1 quart of brake fluid. Will I need to get some more of this stuff or will that be enough to do a whole refill and bleed? I have a little bit left in an opened container of the same stuff left as well. One of the forum members gave this stuff to me, and I haven’t had the chance to change my fluid yet.

Well, lets see if we can make this work, shall we?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Umm, I can offer the advice on using photobucket.com for the image hosting, so that the images STAY there, and could even try doing the arrow stuff, but you will need to tell me EXACTLY what you want done, ok? I need a walkthrough and my brakes need changing soon anyway.

PS: I got a quart of ATE racing blue fluid, and the spec sheet in the Owners Manual says that the brake system holds 1 quart of brake fluid. Will I need to get some more of this stuff or will that be enough to do a whole refill and bleed? I have a little bit left in an opened container of the same stuff left as well. One of the forum members gave this stuff to me, and I haven’t had the chance to change my fluid yet.

Well, lets see if we can make this work, shall we?

I am using an inexpensive Castrol brand as the FLUSHING AGENT to purge
the nasty old fluid.
Once I am satisfied all the sediment is flushed I will switch to this bloody expensive MB Fluid.

Remember Brake Fluid is like a Sponge, it does and will absorb humidity in the air so if unopened/sealed that's ok. Once it's open, degradation will begin.
Unless you seal the container very well.

I'll let everyone know how it turns out.
It's supposed to Thunderstorm here this weekend so It may be a washout.

I have Flickr so that's a hosting site.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I am using an inexpensive Castrol brand as the FLUSHING AGENT to purge
the nasty old fluid.
Once I am satisfied all the sediment is flushed I will switch to this bloody expensive MB Fluid.

Remember Brake Fluid is like a Sponge, it does and will absorb humidity in the air so if unopened/sealed that's ok. Once it's open, degradation will begin.
Unless you seal the container very well.

I'll let everyone know how it turns out.
It's supposed to Thunderstorm here this weekend so It may be a washout.

I have Flickr so that's a hosting site.
Hey I'm one of those guys on the forum that does the arrows and highlighting. I could help you out with that although it mostly involves just Paint.NET and PhotoShop Elements. I have terrible squeaking noise coming from the front passenger side brakes and I need to remove the pad to apply that break grease they gave me. BTW where do i apply that break grease.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts