Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 160 of 160 Posts

·
R/C107 Moderator
1986 560SL: '84 500SL: '84 280SL 5 speed: other 107s
32,355 Posts
Have not heard about the cruise ship fiasco in Australia.
Our failure here is that we are not doing adequate testing and testing is what is needed to open our Economy. Our government Center for Disease Control (CDC)
fubar'ed the Coronavirus test kits.
Economy is still pretty much shut down, and unemployment is close to 20% and rising.
Grocery stores have some shelves that have no products, but Liquor Stores are open and Beer is readily available.
Golf courses here in USA are open. Here in North Carolina the weather is very nice, low to no humidity, temps around 60-70F. We still have a lot of fat guys who play golf who should walk the course but prefer to ride in Golf Carts. Our President just encouraged protesters in Michigan and Virginia - the protesters are mostly ultra conservative, Constitution literalist who listen to too much conservative media. We had a support the WHO
fund raiser last night on most of the TV channels. When I get bored I take one of my SL's out for a drive or
just tinker with it. Hoping you mates in Australia make the best of this pandemic.

Take the politics to the OT Forum.

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
-----'83 280 SL----- 5 speed....The PIG
29,512 Posts

·
Registered
1983 380SL, ivory/dk brown, 46k miles, dual roller timing chain. 1986 560SL, red/white, 190K mile.
6,844 Posts

·
Premium Member
1983 380 SL
2,839 Posts
Have not heard about the cruise ship fiasco in Australia.
Our failure here is that we are not doing adequate testing and testing is what is needed to open our Economy. Our government Center for Disease Control (CDC)
fubar'ed the Coronavirus test kits.
Economy is still pretty much shut down, and unemployment is close to 20% and rising.
Grocery stores have some shelves that have no products, but Liquor Stores are open and Beer is readily available.
Golf courses here in USA are open. Here in North Carolina the weather is very nice, low to no humidity, temps around 60-70F. We still have a lot of fat guys who play golf who should walk the course but prefer to ride in Golf Carts. Our President just encouraged protesters in Michigan and Virginia - the protesters are mostly ultra conservative, Constitution literalist who listen to too much conservative media. We had a support the WHO
fund raiser last night on most of the TV channels. When I get bored I take one of my SL's out for a drive or
just tinker with it. Hoping you mates in Australia make the best of this pandemic.
Please explain what an ultra-conservative is in your opinion. I've always thought that being Conservative was self-explanatory. Are qualifiers actually required? I've been a registered Conservative for nearing 60 years and all during that time I have never considered myself ultra anything save perhaps ultra willing to listen to opposing points of view.

Don't get me wrong... I'm not trying to start an argument nor do I wish to engage in debate, I simply wish to understand the point-of-view that believes there is such a thing as ultra-conservative. The two words appear to me to be mutually excusive... ultra and Conservative mean two opposite things. Kind of like being hyper-reserved.
:)

·
Registered
1983 380SL, ivory/dk brown, 46k miles, dual roller timing chain. 1986 560SL, red/white, 190K mile.
6,844 Posts
Please explain what an ultra-conservative is in your opinion. I've always thought that being Conservative was self-explanatory. Are qualifiers actually required? I've been a registered Conservative for nearing 60 years and all during that time I have never considered myself ultra anything save perhaps ultra willing to listen to opposing points of view.

Don't get me wrong... I'm not trying to start an argument nor do I wish to engage in debate, I simply wish to understand the point-of-view that believes there is such a thing as ultra-conservative. The two words appear to me to be mutually excusive... ultra and Conservative mean two opposite things. Kind of like being hyper-reserved.
:)
I plead the 5-th.
Not going to risk incriminating myself and ending up in BenzWorld jail :)

·
Premium Member
1983 380 SL
2,839 Posts
I plead the 5-th.
Not going to risk incriminating myself and ending up in BenzWorld jail :)
Fair enough... I'll call that resolved. I love hearing opposing views... it helps me to find common ground. I started out adulthood knowing everything worth knowing... now I know how little I knew at the time was worth knowing. :)

·
Premium Member
1983 380 SL
2,839 Posts
Good. Now get in the kitchen and make me a sammich. (y)
Reminds me of a very old joke. Three monks belong to a monastery where they are only allowed to say 1 sentence a year. The first year the first monk says, "I like peanut butter"... the second year the second monk says "I hate peanut butter". The third year the third monk says "I can't stand this constant bickering about peanut butter".

Hey, don't blame me... I said it was a very old joke.

·
Registered
'73 450 SLC / '74 450 SL / '01 ML55
496 Posts
Reminds me of a very old joke. Three monks belong to a monastery where they are only allowed to say 1 sentence a year. The first year the first monk says, "I like peanut butter"... the second year the second monk says "I hate peanut butter". The third year the third monk says "I can't stand this constant bickering about peanut butter".

Hey, don't blame me... I said it was a very old joke.
Will not give you a Like, cuz it's stupid.
But I Do Like That One

·
Premium Member
1987 560SL
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Please explain what an ultra-conservative is in your opinion. I've always thought that being Conservative was self-explanatory. Are qualifiers actually required? I've been a registered Conservative for nearing 60 years and all during that time I have never considered myself ultra anything save perhaps ultra willing to listen to opposing points of view. Don't get me wrong... I'm not trying to start an argument nor do I wish to engage in debate, I simply wish to understand the point-of-view that believes there is such a thing as ultra-conservative. The two words appear to me to be mutually excusive... ultra and Conservative mean two opposite things. Kind of like being hyper-reserved. :)
Carl is correct in being excused. We miss the ultra-standup of Steve Martin. I notice you say the words appear to be "mutually excusive." Although you might have meant to type exclusive, omitting the L gave it an ultra fresh meaning. I join Carl in being mutually excusive!

So we add your bittersweet 2 word oxymoron to the old news list.
Jumbo shrimp
Original copy
Civil war
Microsoft works
Military intelligence
Moral majority

·
Premium Member
1983 380 SL
2,839 Posts
Carl is correct in being excused. We miss the ultra-standup of Steve Martin. I notice you say the words appear to be "mutually excusive." Although you might have meant to type exclusive, omitting the L gave it an ultra fresh meaning. I join Carl in being mutually excusive!

Jumbo shrimp
Original copy
Civil war
Microsoft works
Military intelligence
Moral majority
Yes I meant to type exclusive. Fingers don't always hit the key the mind intends them to hit. .

·
Premium Member
1983 380 SL
2,839 Posts

Jumbo shrimp
Original copy
Civil war
Microsoft works
Military intelligence
Moral majority
Wasn't Jumbo Shrimp one of George Carlin's quips?

·
R/C107 Moderator
1986 560SL: '84 500SL: '84 280SL 5 speed: other 107s
32,355 Posts
I asked you guys to stop.

It is now done.

141 - 160 of 160 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.