Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
1987 560SL, 2000 Kawasaki W650
979 Posts
Better yet, get some doggie waste bags and keep in your door pocket. They are cheap and fit your hand well. I haven't touched a pump handle in years, nor much else for that matter. Hand wipes and sanitizer are a must, always. The benefit is rarely getting sick.
Here in Oregon, we are one of the two last states to have no self-serve gas, the other is New Jersey. The exception is filling up a motorcycle tank, there must have been at least one biker on that committee who didn’t want his tank paint mucked up by some pump jockey. Back when I lived in Syracuse, one time I pulled into the gas station to fill up and it was so cold the pumps had frozen. There‘s a place where no self-serve would have been welcome.

We have been fortunate in having a low rate of Covid-19 cases in my county. The 20,000 or so U of O students were already here when the community transmission spread began, otherwise we’d be looking at much higher numbers. We did have a death at the hospital 5 miles from my house, a sobering reminder.

Fortunately, the stat cannabis industry is such that there was so much over-production of crop during a recent harvest that there is enough to meet average annual consumption for 6 years. It can’t be taken across state lines (legally), so many of us are doing our best to reduce that surplus, but it’s going to take a while. Forget test kits, send us snack foods!

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
-----'83 280 SL----- 5 speed....The PIG
29,341 Posts
Fortunately, the stat cannabis industry is such that there was so much over-production of crop during a recent harvest that there is enough to meet average annual consumption for 6 years. It can’t be taken across state lines (legally), so many of us are doing our best to reduce that surplus, but it’s going to take a while. Forget test kits, send us snack foods!
That.....is fucking funny. I'm moving to Oregon.....they'll be giving it away soon!!

·
29,341 Posts
USA likes to be #1 at things.....you've now got the COVID 19 Gold Medal!

You beat China!

·
Registered
w108 & w107
125 Posts
You beat China based on the numbers they recorded... still very frightening to see the rate of infection.
Sounds like Oregon is the place to be though...

·
Registered
'73 450 SLC / '74 450 SL / '01 ML55
475 Posts
A strange new place. Walk up pot windows. Every store in the state will sell you a nickel bag.

·
29,341 Posts
A strange new place. Walk up pot windows. Every store in the state will sell you a nickel bag.
We can order ours online and Canada Post delivers to our door.

·
Registered
1987 560SL, 2000 Kawasaki W650
979 Posts
We have cannabis delivery right to your door.

Up in Portland, the strip joints were closed down, but one enterprising club owner has kept his personnel working by starting a food delivery service, Boober Eats.

Alas, the Eugene/Springfield area has yet to adopt this idea.

·
29,341 Posts
We have cannabis delivery right to your door.

Up in Portland, the strip joints were closed down, but one enterprising club owner has kept his personnel working by starting a food delivery service, Boober Eats.

Alas, the Eugene/Springfield area has yet to adopt this idea.
OK....that is ingenious. Good for them.

·
Registered
1974 450SL, Dark_Blue/Parchment
202 Posts
So just came back from our house up in Ephraim, WI and paid $1.08 a gallon at local BP gas station. Two days ago paid $1.15 at local Costco in De Pere, WI. Crazy times!

·
Premium Member
1973 450SL 2004 E320 4Matic Wagon 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
3,194 Posts
We sure did beat the Chinese. Covid is taking its toll.
And it's going to get worse with the madman President trying to keep his ass out of jail if not re-elected. I filled up the Benzes and Jeep for a buck 26 and then I had a wonderful opportunity to spend 5 days in the hospital two weeks ago with that Positive rating. Fortunately mild case after my initial attack. Just drugs and oxygen to do the cure. No ventilator needed. Finishing up our quarantine on Thursday. Ann dodged it so far and hopefully will continue. It was a funny experience living in just two rooms of my house. I can see Ann from a distance down the hallway. Most of the time we just call to talk.When Thursday comes, still can't go anywhere but the grocery store - no joy riding in our Shelter in place state mandate but have 3 cars all with full gas tanks. Don't want to be sappy, but my stay showed me how brave and caring our medical professionals are.. Not only are they doing their job, but they are serving as friends and family for the victims. I hope all of you are safe....be smart and play by the rules.

·
Registered
1984 380SL
2,368 Posts
How are all you guys holding up? I've been missing and worrying about you lot lately.

Sorry for disappearing and getting sloppy with the knowledge. I've been preoccupied getting a business going. Beer flu really caught me sideways as we were getting launched.

I hope all of you are well and spending this forced quarantine with people who are worth it. Mrs. Beast says hello :)

101 - 113 of 113 Posts