Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 E63AMG (Rentech)
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
E63 AMG 2010 w/75000 miles started smelling strong gas odor on rear driver's side. Dealer replaced driver's side Delivery Unit, 2 "O" rings, L/R fuel pump seals. Supposedly from deterioration (( Ethanol in gas????)). Also observed passenger side sending unit plastic is starting to deteriorate. Total Bill including tax about $1300. I have seen 9 similar complaints on line. Understand MB had a problem and ate repairs for similar problems up to 2009. Comments? Observations?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
'71 Pinto
4,306 Posts
Check with MBUSA 800-367-6372 to see if they will offer goodwill assistance towards repair. Although not directly applicable, argue MB extended fuel tank parts for previous 211 to 15 years/unlimited mileage, and released Recall 2013020002 (2011-2012 212) for relatively same reason as your repair. No guarantee, but doesn’t hurt to ask.

BTW for future reference you can check open recalls applicable to your VIN here: https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/recall

·
Registered
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
884 Posts
You should also file a case with the NHTSA. I don't think it takes much for them to investigate and you're not the first one to report the problem. If enough people complain, they might force a recall instead of just having an extended warranty. I filed a complaint on a Ford and it eventually led to a recall, not that I think it was just mine, I just think if there's enough, something might happen. Keep your receipts, even if there's only an extended warranty later on, you may get reimbursed.

·
Registered
2016 E400 4Matic
21 Posts
I sold off my 2007 W211 E350 sometime ago, however, in 2018 I could smell gas in the car whenever I would Gas up. I checked NHTSA and found this was a known issue with W211 and MB was covering the cost of this was related to gas leakage. I called the dealer setup an appointment, handed them the recall notice explaining Gas leakage was covered until 15 yrs from the manufacture date.

The Gas Tank was replaced, MB ate the cost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts