Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fuel smell in engine bay

"" style="box-sizing: border-box; max-width: 100%; border: 0px; vertical-align: bottom;">

Home*/*C-Class (W204)

Fuel smell in engine bay

* #1**

03-17-2014 11:10 AM by*reggiereyes

Hello everybody i am new to this site and have looked all over for answers to my issue. I have a 2013 c250 with 16000 miles and i keep getting this strong raw fuel smell coming from the top of the engine right around the power steering pump.I only experience this when the engine is warm,I have taken the car in to 4 different Mercedes service departments and they all say cant duplicate problem at the moment. I know this cant be normal the smell is just to strong in the garage to even be there. Any ideas as to what i can look for maybe a hose or something? P.S very unhappy with my turbo lag. Miss my c300. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Hey guys i have posted a photo of the location where the fumes are coming from.. I can see that at that rubber hose there is some slight staining and if you look close enough you can see where the hose is rubbing against the clamp. Ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response! I am actually trying to post a picture but i am not finding a link for it :-/. In regards to the seals i have no leaks at all nothing on the garage floor just the smell when car is warm. Almost smells like when you remove a pcv valve from a valve cover ans start engine.

·
Premium Member
7,273 Posts
Might try a search in this C-class section. I think we had a C250 owner report an actual gas leak that was fixed in 2013.

Yea, the 08 C300 is a workhorse, I have no complaints at over 120K miles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here goes the picture hopefully it goes thru of the hose that the smell is coming from.
Hi - Just wondering if you discovered the issue behind the fumes? I have a 2010 c250 cgi ... same issue.... fumes coming from the same spot....MB dealer has said they can’t replicate the issue. Help!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
RMJV77
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing