Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a few instances of fuel sender repair on the interweb here. Question, has anyone done this on a wagon (specifically 1991 124)? Is it located under the carpet in the rear cargo area? I have not started the job yet, just trying to figure how to go about it.
Cheers,
Jamie

·
Registered
14 Posts
Reviving an old thread, as I have an interest in this as well. I understand it's under the 3rd-row seats. Still looking for more detail if available. Thanks!

·
W124 Moderator
12,601 Posts
Reviving an old thread, as I have an interest in this as well. I understand it's under the 3rd-row seats. Still looking for more detail if available. Thanks!
Zizou

Welcome to the 124 forum of Benzworld. Great to have you jump in. Do yourself and the rest of us a huge favor by completing your profile. It helps you more than you realize for us to know about you, your car and your location.

This link covers fuel tank sending unit R/R. It is from our DIY sticky (which I suggest you take a look at). Let us know how this works out. When you have any other questions, start a new thread that's is specific to your need.

Jayare

http://www.w124-zone.com/downloads/MB CD/W124/w124CD1/Program/Engine/104/47-7000.pdf

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Duly noted! Thanks for the prompt reply.

Took my chances and went after the fuel sending unit today. Hardest part was removing the 3rd row seats in the wagon and removing the rivets/felt to get to the fuel sending unit. Fuel gauge is reading 1/1 after a quick cleaning of the unit itself and the connection point.

Cheers!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a similar issue with my 1990 300TE wagon, the fuel gauge doesn't move. Though when I pulled out the instrument cluster and removed the cover of it, I did apply some WD-40 into it and the tachometer (as that wasn't working either), and disassembled, cleaned, and reassembled the potentiometer which controls the display dimmer. Well, I got the tachometer and the display dimmer to work again, but the fuel gauge is still stuck at empty. Which means that the sender needs to be pulled out and cleaned as the vehicle had been sitting in the previous owner's yard for a good FIVE years! :confused: My mechanic has replaced the fuel filter and one of the fuel pumps, but it seems that I'll have to replace the other one as well.

Is there a post which has photos of the work involved in gaining access to the fuel level sender in a circa 1990 300TE?
Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts