Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, my car had a loose fitting fuel pump relay. I would wiggle it and the engine would shut down. I put a brand new original from mercedes and it does not wiggle as much so problem solved for now. My question is about the side "tabs" on the relay case, is it supposed to "click" into position ? I did not see any tabs inside the fuse box that would catch the ones on the fpr housing. Car is a 1984 380SE canadian spec. Cheers !

·
Registered
1989 300SE 232k miles
1,448 Posts
My fuel relay does not “click” or lock into place. It is removable by straight up lifting. I expect yours is the same.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My fuel relay does not “click” or lock into place. It is removable by straight up lifting. I expect yours is the same.
Ok that eases my paranoid mind Thank You. I guess I will open up the old relay and see if anything broken inside was causing that issue.

·
Registered
1989 300SE 232k miles
1,448 Posts
Yup yup. And cracked soldering is common. Particularly the older these get.

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
14,322 Posts
I don't think mine have tabs as such, if it does they don't click into place any more.

Great looking car. Welcome to you.

·
Registered
85 500SEC (Euro), 87 560SEC (now sold)
1,311 Posts
Both my SEC's ended up needing replacements. I went with used from eBay and they worked A-okay. I'd rather have genuine used vs new from URO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts