Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I turn the key the fuel pump does not work.To get me home we lifted the rear seat cut to 2 wires.Connected to a 12volt battery brown to -ve, cotton covered to +ve.This made the fuel pump run all the time.Returned home reconnected fuelpump still not working. I have a 190E im breaking (engine dead fuel pump works fine),so swaped black fuelpump relay by battery.Still dead. The red relay with the 10Amp fuse could not be swaped as its a different type.Then one at a time swaped the two relays in the fusebox.The fuel pump still will not work HELP?? Please..

·
Registered
300TE 4-Matic 300GD
330 Posts
Hi.

Take out the relay and short between 87 and 30.

Does the pump run all the time then?

If so, check your TD signal. It comes in two green wires with a yellow stripe. One comes from the ignition control unit (ECU) via the diagnostic connector, the other to pin 25 on the KE ECU.

The start signal hits pin 50 on the relay, check that too.

Check pin 31 for good ground.

Good luck.

Regards

Geir

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Geir
Did the 1st step,removed relay and shorted out pins 87 and 30. The pump did not run with or without the ignition on. Any other idears

Regards Paul

·
Registered
300TE 4-Matic 300GD
330 Posts
Hi Paul.

Then I would check if pin 30 has 12 volt current. If not, draw a wire between your plus pole on the battery, and pin 87. What happens then?

What year and engine? 1.8, 2.0 or 2.3 liter?

Regards

Geir

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Geir,
Its a 2.0l . The earth is good. Ive connected +12 volts to pins 30 & 87 making the pump work all the time. Pins 50 & TD ARE DEAD.
(THANK YOU FOR THE SPEEDY HELP.IM TRYING TO FIX IT AS AND WHEN THE RAIN STOPS)

Kind Regards
Paul

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Geir,
Just fixed it.It was the red wire to pin 87 under the fuel relay block. Cut back the wire and re solder.(It was green and not connected).

Thanks for the tips
Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts