Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Fuel pump not getting voltage but harness does

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Mavic88 
#1 ·
I have searched, I see threads but I never see one that says they resolved the issue without taking to stealership. Our c32 was running perfect last night, went to leave this morning and turns over but doesn't start. Frst thing I thought was cps, replaced, still nothing. pulled the cover off the fuel pump, had my wife turn the key to position 2 and nothing. jumper the pump straight to battery and works fine. the relay in the trunk is clicking as well. I can't find a definite solution besides someone replacing everything and still nothing working. So I got the volt meter out. to the sending unit turning the car over, it gets 10.9 volts, from the sending unit to the pump it gets the same while turning over. now from the harness to the pump I do not show any voltage, going out the harness itself also shows no voltage. I can ring thru continuity on each from the sending unit plug, to the fuel pump plug but nothing out. as I said jump the fuel pump straight to the battery, it works. so I know the fuel pump is good. just don't have any specs on the voltage itself.

anyone able to help me out with this. I've searched and read, and I get dead ends besides replacing both units.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.