Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PART I, Friday morning....

So today on my way to work just like any normal day, Im heading east on HWY 18 near issaquah wa. All of a sudden my 1986 190e 2.3 w/140k just starts sputtering and losing power. I ease my way to the side of the road and it eventually just dies. Will not restart and it totally just seems like I've run out of gas.

PART II, the warning!

So yesterday Im driving home after my seemingly weekly trip to Barrier Mercedes for knick knacks when I notice my gas reserve lamp come on. I look at my tripometer and yeah Im nearing 300, about time for some gas. I fill up 14.9 (recollection) gallons and Im like KRANKY!?!?!?! Ive never in my life put that much in her before. (I know I know, thats what she said). Anyway Im leaving and I notice that low and behold my gauge is still on E and reserve lamp is still lit.

No big deal I think to myself, perhaps the level sensor went out or whatever but it was running perfectly fine, all the way home, and all the way this morning until I met my end.....Fuel pump, fuel sender etc?!:1poke:

Questions, comments?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Sounds Like u may have more then one problem.

One part sounds like a blown fuse. Start by checking fuses. Us a test light because sometimes that type of fuse wont look blown and it is.

If fuses test good I would test the power going to each unit, the fuel pumps set is located under the vehicle u have to remove a cover to get to them. The sending unit is the tank.

You might also check/replace the fuel filter it is possible that it is plugged up.

I have a section of the manual that pertains to these two areas that give u guides on testing the parts and replacing them if you would like me to email them to ya just let me know or u can get the whole w201 manual located here Modified Technologies, Inc | Enthusiast Gear Courtesy of Jon over at ModTech

Let me know how your testing goes and report back but it sounds like either a blown fuse, damaged wire, pluged filter or bad pump and sending unit just odd that they both stopped so close together.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts