Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1989 560 EUROSEL 1984 190e8V 2000 e320 sport
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay,
so yesterday i changed my fuel filter and accumulator, well heres the dig.. i started it up ran good checked for leaks there was a little one....so i thought okay turn off car tighten up and check again.. to no avail it didnt crank over again.. I posted on here and was told either a fuel pump issue or a relay
so anyways i jumped the relay switch 87 to 30 and found power was going to the pump but when i put the wires on the pump with the jumper the pump would not kick on... okay so i thought fuel pump... then i put on the relay and checked no power to the wires.. but i did also change the camshaft reference sensor.. which i heard will not if not installed(WAITING ON THE PART) will not kick on the fuel pump.... So whats the digg?? Do you think its fuel pump or relay or both??? I wouldnt believe both parts would go at the exact same time that would be virtually impossible i have a new pump ordered from ebay 95 bucks (bosch) and new.. and the cam reference sensor also just asking some opinions. obtw i have an 84 190e

·
Registered
1989 560 EUROSEL 1984 190e8V 2000 e320 sport
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay i tred that no luck ut a great idea.. thanks for the advice i just dont want to buy a relay if i dont need one ill see where that takes me after i get the pump

1 - 3 of 3 Posts