Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2000 ML 430
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to check the fuel pressure on my 2000 ML430 with 140,000 miles.
I think I have a bad fuel pump but would like to confirm this before I spend $325 on a pump. I can tell you that I have put 55,000 miles on this truck myself and have never changed the fuel filter so that will be addressed as well.
Can anybody tell me what the pressure should be on a working fuel pump at the rail? Also I will be buying a fuel pressure gauge to do this project, is one brand better than another?

Thanks for any input,
6br

·
Registered
2000 ML 430
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought a fuel pressure gauge and at idle it has 60 psi. After I shut it down and let it set for 30 minutes it leaked down to about 10 psi. Is this a bad injector or will the fuel pump leak back as well?

Thanks,
6br

·
Registered
'07 C280 4matic, '06 530i, '98 ML320
1,562 Posts
Fuel Filter has a built-in pressure regulator. I would guess the Fuel Filter is the culprit and replacing it should solve the pressure related issue.

·
Registered
2000 ML 430
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I'll start there and see if that takes care of it.

Thanks again,
6br

·
Registered
98 Ml320
152 Posts
I bought a fuel pressure gauge and at idle it has 60 psi. After I shut it down and let it set for 30 minutes it leaked down to about 10 psi. Is this a bad injector or will the fuel pump leak back as well?

Thanks,
6br
What brand/model gauge did you purchase? Anything special? I need to purchase one also. I have similar conditions (starting issues) and figured that my filter's check valve is malfunctioning. So I replaced it. No resolution. So I need to check my pressure and need a gauge, but not sure what to purchase

1 - 7 of 7 Posts