Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have MB C230 (W203 body, 2002)
Recently I've got Check Engine light on and OBD scanner showed the code P0452 (Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor Low).
As it was recommended, I opened a small cover under the back seat and found the sensor. There is a name on it - "Pressure Sensor" and part number - A001 542 1118 (see photo).
First of all, I checked the wires. They seem to be OK.
However, the light is still on.
So, it looks like I need to replace the pressure sensor.

I've searched the Internet for this part number and found none.
Can anyone tell me is that sensor could be replaced separately? If so, what would be the part number for it?

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can not believe: no one knows the answer! It seems to be an easy question for experienced people.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i think you should go to the nearest M-B dealer and just get it from them because they wont sell this part online.i have the same problem and the mechanic told me it has to be ordered from M-B dealer only.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I guess you have to replace the whole sending unit. unscrew the big plastic knob and you will find the whole thing submerged into gas or fuel !!! I really recommend you that if you have not doing it before be very very careful remembers is fuel !!!! can blows up with any spark or similar be very careful and live the windows open for good ventilation or you will get dizzy, pull out the whole plastic thing and replace it for a new one and that's all cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the recommendation.
Indeed, I had to replace the whole sending unit just because of this damn sensor (the price for the unit is about $400).
It is "very smart" of Mercedes to integrate $10-dollar sensor into the unit and force us to pay for the whole!
After I solved the problem with this Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor, in to 2-3 days, the new issue appeared: the fuel tank is not air tight anymore. I replaced the cap but it did not help. Tired!
Anyway, the good news is that I sold this money-sucker piece of junk - the Mercedes C230 - 6 months ago and feel very happy about it. No more Mercedes in our household!
Good like, guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts