Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1987 420 SEL
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that my fuel line hose which goes to the front of the car from the fuel pump is leaking. The leak is a drip about every 20 seconds after the car is shut off.

1. Is there a standard length that I have to purchase or is it sold in meters?

2. What is either the OE or OEM replacement for this hose?

Please advise. Thanks.

·
1991 500SEC 55K mi. 1987 560SEC Now 153K mi. 2020
5,177 Posts
Hi Prochambers,

This is the fuel system for the '87 560SEC. Yes there are other components, but if yours is leaking about a drip/20 secs. that would appear (to me) to be the rest pressure going slowly away.

Here are the components per MB. Looks like a component part rather than a bit of hose to do the job properly. Have a look under the car, it might just be something loose?

Good Luck, MBL

Attachments

·
Registered
1987 420 SEL
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey MBL. Great diagram. I will have to get more involved under the car as there are a lot of potential parts that could be leaking unto the hose instead of the hose itself. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1987 420 SEL
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I plan on getting under the car this weekend and change this hose. How involved is taking out the old line? Any Clamps or Fasteners that I need to replace? Does anyone have a diagram? Thanks.

·
Registered
1987 420 SEL
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Approximately how long is the fuel line in length from the pump to the front of the engine?

Is any particular OEM line better than others?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts