Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1999 C280, 2015 C300
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please tell me where are the two fuel level sending units (fuel level sensors) located on my 1999 C280. I was in the impression that it was on top of the fuel tank under the rear seat and you can access it by removing the rear seat.

An Indy has quoted me 10 hours of labor and says that they are under the fuel tank and the car has to be hoisted and the fuel tank needs to be removed.

If anyone can point me to a video or photos that will be great. I could not find any for W202.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1995 C220
3,014 Posts
I believe the mechanic is accurate; I dont think there is an access hole unless they added one to the newer ones(mine is a 95; it does not have an access hole). 10 hours is probably a little high but close to accurate considering you have to drop the differential out of the way to pull the tank. Its not a fun job.

·
Registered
1995 C220
3,014 Posts
You may be correct; I just looked at a schematic on identifix, and it does in fact show the pair of sending units both coming up from the bottom of the tank. Weird but good idea. I say weird because this is the first I have seen where they come up from the bottom.

·
Registered
1999 C280, 2015 C300
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.