Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 C230 Komp
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help! Today i noticed smell of gas in my car, I looked under the rear left wheel and sure enough there were droplets of fuel. Well I took the plastic cover off, but I did not see any hose or line that was rusted and leaking fuel. In fact the lines were very dry and the only place I saw fuel was on the filter. Droplets of fuel were making their way down the filter and dripping, I could not see a point from where the fuel was leaking..... The terminals of the pumps were also covered in fuel.

·
W201, W202, W203, W204, W205 Moderator
Amethyst 2001 C320
1,731 Posts
I'd recommend you don't drive it until you have it fixed! Have it towed to your local MBenz mechanic immediately and get that fixed -- working with fuel is dangerous and best left to someone who knows what they're doing.

·
Registered
2000 C230 Komp
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cant afford that. But since the original post I have gutted the entire fuel delivery system. Removed the filter, 2 pumps and accumulator. So far I still can not figure out where the leak is. I remember working on a 92 accord where fuel was leaking and it turned out the leak was a pin hole under rust on a fuel line. Very hard to detect by the naked eye. So I am headed to the junk yard to find myself another housing for the pump and filter cz mine is nearly rusted on one side. After that I think i'll get a new filter and re-check my hoses, then reassemble. I hope it works after all this :)

·
Registered
2000 C230 Komp
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TURNS OUT IT WAS THE FILTER, had to replace the fuel hose from the filter to the fuel line also.
Replaced; seals, hose, filter. Cost me about $130 CDN funds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts