Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took all 8 injectors out today, soaked them in brake cleaner and used compressed air to blow through them and all 8 seemed to have a perfect spray pattern, is there any reason to replace them? It seems they are original or could have been replaced along the way, part # is 0437502010 on them, doing a google search shows they are original MB injectors.

Question: would there be any reason to get new ones if the spray pattern on these look good? Car has 167,000 miles on it.

BTW, the engine runs fine, just trying to do all the necessary maintenance before I take it in and have the air/fuel mixture set correctly.

New items:

Plugs,Plug wires, distributor rebuild, distributor cap, coil, ballast resistors, Ignition Control Unit, Green wire from distributor to ICU, water pump, thermostat, belts, hoses, cleaned AAV, cleaned cold start injector, fuel pump, fuel accumulator, fuel filter, all relays, etc....

Thanks

·
It Is What It Is, Dude
22,829 Posts

The K-Jet injector nozzles are basically sprinkler heads, with not a lot to go wrong. Typically the seals and holders are the weak point. Reusing those old pieces is not recommended.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

The K-Jet injector nozzles are basically sprinkler heads, with not a lot to go wrong. Typically the seals and holders are the weak point. Reusing those old pieces is not recommended.
Thanks for the response, wasn't sure if the inside of these had a spring that perhaps would weaken over time causing leaking or mis-spraying as these sit at the top of the "Very Hot Point" of the engine.

·
R/C107 Moderator
31,467 Posts
One indication of original injectors. OE are steel. Replacements are brass.
Doing this one the 280 right now and pulled a couple from the parts car just to see how it was done. First time on a K-Jet so I take it slow.
New seals. The new plastic holders came with the O-Ring.

They open and spray but do they open at the correct pressure?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One indication of original injectors. OE are steel. Replacements are brass.
Doing this one the 280 right now and pulled a couple from the parts car just to see how it was done. First time on a K-Jet so I take it slow.
New seals. The new plastic holders came with the O-Ring.

Great point.

Mine are steel, guess I'll be replacing them just to be on the safe side, 167,000 miles on injectors seems like a lot.

Thanks guys

·
R/C107 Moderator
31,467 Posts
Rock Auto had the least expensive that I found. Did not check everywhere. Bought the plastic holders and seals from AH AZ.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Did you find the new brass injectors as good quality as the old units? Mine seem to preform fine but was going to replace them along with plug wires for maintain everything.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I replaced my original 40 year old / 68k miles with Bosch brass last year, done a 1k miles since and no bother, no leaks or anything - the old lady fires up every time and didn't miss a beat on any of the 8 cylinders :D

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Brass are fine. I replaced mine and they've been great ever since.

Forum sponsors rmeuropean.com had my injectors for 380sl super cheap like 24$ a pop. Worth checking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
okyoureabeast
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing