Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fuel guage on my 01 C320 does not read corectly. When I fill up the take, it reads less than full (aprox, 1/4' from full mark), when i drive it the guage drops rather quickly, when i get to about 75 miles of travel, it drops to 1/2 tank, get to about 200 it reads empty when i start up the engine, and the light goes on, if i continue to drive, it move back up to about 1/4 or less. So, i brought it to the dealer...they ordered a 'fuel level sensor', it has been over two weeks now, called them back today for the update, and they told me it wont be in until Feb. 28...., The car has been out since late 2000, and they dont have parts for this car?<br> Someone here previously post a similar problem, has yours been fixed?<br> Anyone here has a smilar problem and is also in a waiting period, just to get this problem fixed?<br> Eventually I will have to wait over six weeks just to get the problem fix, assumeing there wont be any delays in the FEB 28. parts shipment. What a dissapointment...<br> <br> <br> The dealer I am refering to is Fletcher Jones Motorcars of Newport Beach.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The C-class actually has two fuel gage senders, one for the right hand half of the tank and one for the left, wired in series. Probably the reason your dealer hasn't received the new part is that there is a service bulletin on the senders, every dealer is ordering themn, and the new parts are't in full distribution yet. I had teh same problem with teh fuel pump - the difference being that teh car doesn't run with a defective fuel pump. It still took two weeks, driving an Altima loaner with 35000 miles.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also am having the joy of problems with a brand new Mercedes, and the last thing you want to hear is 'We don't really know what's wrong, we think it's the fuel pump...' Not the kind of unreliable car you want your wife driving. At least I've got a C320Wagon Loaner....

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unrelated to the gage problem, how do you like the 320C Wagon loaner? Have ordered one (see other posts), but have limited behind the wheel time on the model-could'nt get my wife out of the left seat! :eek:)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really like the C320 Wagon. We have a C230K, which is more my wife's style! We had a Honda CRV before the C230, and I think that the Wagon is a great alternative to a small SUV. It handles like a sports car, and the engine is quite smooth, perhaps not quite as smooth as a BMW's. The cargo area trimmings (net, cover) are great. It's a little heavy on gas, though, I'll post the figures when I check the computer again.<br> <br> All in all, I highly recommend it. It looks great, too.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rp: Thanks for your comments. We too are currently driving a 230 Kompressor. Love the little devil-but we really need the cargo room-hopefully without losing the handling and sporty feel. Look forward to hearing your further assessment. W

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is more refined than the K, but without giving that 'remote control' feel you sometimes get with over-refined cars. Fairly powerful, but kicks down more easily than the K - IMHO it is not as torquey as the K. Interior is far more sedate - I really like the aluminium in the K.<br> <br> I think you chose well. It's strange how some people see a station wagon in the same light as a minivan...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts